Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Network Failure

Jul 30, 2012 9:30 AM

I'm trying to update articles and regardless of the size or complexity, I keep getting the "Upload has failed. Network Failure" message which leaves my article with an exclamation point on it. Yet, the simple text changes I made to the original article appear when I view the article in the Folio producer and the changes appear to have worked when I view the folio in the content viewer. Apparently everything is getting done, but what is causing this error message?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

Hello ,

This error can occur for a number of reasons. One reason found during development was the use of non-lower ASCII characters in text fields associated with the document or its contents. For example, the error can occur in the name of a Multistate Object that is part of a slideshow. Look for this usage in some page element, or proceed to the binary isolation method described in the next paragraph.

Other reasons could cause the same error. Divide your content in two and look to see if only one half fails. If so, continue this binary isolation method. Once you identify a specific element that is failing, try creating a similar element in a new document and see if it works. If so, compare the differences and change the offending element to bring it more in line with the working content.

Laxman

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to Imperius Rex

If you are working on a corporate network, then corporate firewall maybe blocking the connection, I'll PM you the solution to this. Also I presume that you do not have the latest DPS tools, download and install them from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to Imperius Rex

I too have begun to have this issue. Himanshu could you PM the infor regarding firewalls as well?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to billraab

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Himanshu Singh

Himanshu, I am on a corporate network and am having trouble uploading folios as well. I can sign in fine, but when trying to upload I get the error "The upload has failed. Network failure."

Could you please PM me the solution for corporate networks you referred to? I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to JohnOX13

I've sent you the details over your PM.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to Himanshu Singh

I am also on a corporate network and having this issue.  Could you please PM me the solution for the corporate network as well?  Thank you!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points