Aug 10, 2012 6:42 AM

Hi first time posting here.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz

1.5TB HD

ATI HD 5570 1024

12GB Corsair memory

Win 7 64 Ultimate

Encore CS5

It never use to happen when I burned dvds with Encore but now every DVD I build a project. During Transcoding the PC get loud and sometimes annoyingly loud I cant do any other work till its done.

Any ideas or do I have to live with it?  Would help if i can get it quieter as this is my business.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 10, 2012 7:32 AM   in reply to drewtmm

How are you getting your Premiere Pro timeline to Encore... dynamic link or do you export a file from PPro?

Screen shots of your edit/export/author file settings work well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to drewtmm

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to drewtmm

I was assuming John was not understanding your question. Some program issues can challenge your computer, but when I think "loud," I think it should never be "that" loud. Since the loud is just when your processing, I assume it is drive related, and I don't think it is good.

I have one retail computer that is "noisy" (almost, but not quite "loud", ha, ha!) when I do  certain operations. Worrisome.

It may, of course, be a fan that is not operating all the time or is set to variable speeds.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to drewtmm

OK... if you are talking about your computer being loud, and not the DVD/BluRay you produce having too loud a sound volume, you might want to open your case and CAREFULLY vacuum everything, using a "long bristle" brush attachment to LIGHTLY brush everything to loosen the dust

What you are hearing is "most likely" your CPU fan kicking into high gear... encoding puts a large load on the CPU, and it's heat will rise a LOT, which the BIOS then compensates for by telling the fan to run faster

Do you have a stock fan, or a better aftermarket CPU fan?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to drewtmm

** I ** think it is easy to replace a stock fan... but I built my own computer, so I know how everything was put together

I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057 for my Intel i7 930 CPU - which, of course, will most likely NOT work with your AMD

You just need to check hardware sites (I like Newegg) to find a cooler for your brand/model CPU

A CPU cooler is generally held on with 4 mounting screws... don't forget a good brand of thermal paste to go between the CPU and cooler... and clean the old paste off the CPU before you put the new cooler in place

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points