Adobe Flash player version 11.3.300.268 11.3.300.265 caused FireFox x86 on Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 to freeze with complete repro. It's a edge case for WIndows Servers to run Firefox and flash but I want to raise this issue to have it fixed in the next version.
1. Install Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 (Microsoft Internal RTM version build 9200 available to Microsoft employees only)
2. Install Firefox x86 14.0.1
3. Install flash player 11.3.300.268 OR 11.3.300.265.
4. Lauch firefox and browse to http://www.flash.com/
5. Observe Firefox not responsive
6. Workaround is terminating Firefox by running "Stop-Process -Name Firefox" at Powershell v2
7. Expect Flash not to freeze firefox.
8. Temporary Solution: Install Flash Player 220.127.116.11 release or debug version.
9. Temporary Solution 2: Install flash 11.3.300.268 OR 11.3.300.265 on Internet Explorer.
Adobe flash support engineers, please investigate into the problem.
I installed http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplay er11-4/flashplayer11-4_p2_install_win_pi_080712.exe on Windows Server 2008 R2 (remember it's R2, not just 2008). I launched firefox 14 (32 bit image) and the plugin worked with www.flash.com without problems (plugin as a process in 32 bit image). Do you still need me to file a bug at http://bugbase.adobe.com/ ?