• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added link to Flash Player 11.3 Audio Update which details the known audio issues, status update, and troubleshooting steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded and tested the version of flash (below) on my PC. It still has the stuttering audio problem whenevever I use the mouse and rollover a suggested video in YouTube.

Here is an example URL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liqF6EamiE4&feature=g-all-c) and roll the mouse up and down over several videos in the suggestions section of the page.

Flash Player version: WIN 11,3,300,265
Debug Player: No

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Browser Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here at MOG we're seeing issues with audio skipping and distortion for our users who have recently upgraded to Flash Player 11.3. When we have them downgrade to 10.3 the problems go away. After some debugging it seems that the issues arrise when the stream buffer has fluctuations, but not empty. This is a big deal for our service and we're going to be instructing users to downgrade until the issue is fixed. Let us know how we can help get this resolved ASAP. Thanks, Stephen (Director of Product at MOG).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also say that we're seeing this issue manifest in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Haven't tested IE yet, but we're getting community complaints from this browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing similar issues when using Flash 11.3 (as well as 11.2 and 11.1)  regardless of browser or platform (Windows/OSx). We use Digital Samba's Onsync offering with Flash Media Interactive Server 4.5. Audio often fades in and out or sounds, tinny or like the latest electronica album and during a video conference, when audio is introduced, the video becomes degraded, jerky and out of sync. Although it is the last version that works, we would rather not have to tell our customers to downgrade to 10.3.

Thanks,

Dana (Director of Quality Assurance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sgarciaDev - Are you encountering the audio skipping and distortion with just Flash Player 11.3 or does this also occur with previous 11.x builds?

@ijustam - Dana, it sounds like you are encountering another issue since it's present in previous 11.x builds.  Would you mind opening a new bug report on this at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the bug URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated original post with our current status and request for users willing to test the build before released publically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine works, but only for so long. Then the game i'm playing or the youtube video i'm watching starts to get choppy and stops ans starts. (almost like the old antenna TV's used to when there was a storm and every few seconds it would freeze and then start again.

Then soon after i get a grey screen that pops up with the dead/sad faced adobe guy that says flashplayer has crashed and to relaod the page and send a crash report.

I always send the report. Also, I switched to Chrome to see if it was just Firefox that was the issue, and Crome seemed to be working better at first, but I still have the same problem......It only works for so long and then it starts to get slow and choppy, and before you know it flashplayer has crashed again.

I tried unenstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I don't know what to do, and I am not very good with computers, so I don't want to try fixing something and wind up causing more problems......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjisquenge, would you be willing to try out test build out?  If so, please email me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, When i download flash player 11.3.300.262 and try to install it it just doesnt go into chrome, version xxxx.xx.xxx.257 doesnt work for me, but 262 does, so just wonder why it doesnt work, doesnt show up in about:plugins, only the 257 one, downloaded it for chrome, firefox and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Chrome you'll need to override the built in version.  Here's instructions that'll walk you through it.

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108086

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: So when i install the version i want, i have to disable the other one before? I didnt quite understand the text, im running Mac OSX btw.

EDIT: I tried to first disable the plugin and install the new one, it didnt show up. so i uninstalled flash player, deleted it from internet plugins so it didnt show up in the about:plugins site, installed the working one, and then i restarted browser and the bad version still showed up, pretty wierd because 262 is a newer version, that works. But it forces me to use the non working one.

Any solution around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, I installed the latest Flash Player plugin.  Next I went to chrome://plugins/ and clicked the +Details button in the upper left corner of the page.  I scrolled down to Flash Player and saw that I had multiple copies (with 2 being "enabled".)  I disabled the one with version 11,3,300,257, leaving 11.3.300.262 enabled.  After that, I visited http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and saw that 262 was the version in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thats what i did on my windows pc, the one i game on. but on my mac it doesnt work. i cant install the 262 one, it just doesnt show up in the plugins bar, i just have the 257 one. even when the installation manager says its finished. Just doesnt wanna show up. or it downgrades auto on mac. Do you have a beta for 262 for mac that works i can try?

REally frustrating that the browser gets competly slowed down and it take about an hour to load a 30 sec yt vid in 420p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, I spaced for a minute.  We didn't release a mac version of 262.  Please send me an email and if you are interested in trying a test build for the mac.  What kind of problem are you running into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, finally my firefox not crashing anymore. Last week ive downgraded to 11.2 after having some problems with content on facebook. Now i ve installed the 11.3 update. thanks once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I have tested Flash Player 11.3.300.265 (verified) on both Internet Explorer 8.0 and Firefox 13.0.1 - much improved overall sound (no longer tinny), but still some intermittent audio skipping / rolling / sticking / static.

XP SP3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris:

I tried the 265 beta release. No fix to my problems. In fact, it is worse. Youtbue videos do not load at all, whereas previously I was only missing the audio (Firefox 13.0.1, Win32 Vista)

I downgraded to Falsh 11.2.202.235 and all is well.

Thank you for the status update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I downloaded the installer Flash Player 11.3.300.265 Plugin. There is no change whatsoever to  my nearly constant Firefox crashes on my XP Pro. I use an old version of Firefox (3 something) due to later incompatabilities with Roboform given that I have many hundreds of logins stored.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I have downloaded the Flash Player 11.3.300.265 Plugin for Windows at home and there has been little change.  I only get 2-3 popups about the "ERROR" per day, so that is a decrease in the frequency at least.  I have just loaded the new plugin here at the research office computer and will let you know if there is any changes on the XP window machines here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 11.3.300.257 and have been seeing stuttering, buffering and freezing on the PC even with low or moderate bitrate videos. These same videos play perfectly on the Mac. Could this issue be related? I'm trying to roll back to an earlier version to test if it's 11.3 that's doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our issue relates to video conferencing rather than video playback, so I’m not certain if related.

Thanks,

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that most posts refer to problems associated with viewing videos. My XP Pro is crashing without any video use.... just using Firefox or Outlook Express. It's becoming tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines