• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security Settings in Robohelp 9 PDF files

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a Robohelp problem because it only happens when I launch a PDF from  a Robohelp-generated site. It does NOT happen in Adobe Acrobat. It may be a conflict with Windows 7 - we just loaded it yesterday - because before that everything worked.

We created a PDF file with interactive fields, and NO security settings. The file has signature fields that populate with your digital ID when you click the red tag. It works just fine in Acrobat - you can type data into the fields, and the digital ID dialog launches when you click the red tag. If you click OK, the field displays your digital signature.

However, when I launch the file from online help I created with Robohelp 9, I get an error message stating that the security settings on the document don't allow adding text or placing a signature on it. I double checked, and there is NO security. See the attached images. Is this a bug? Should I report it?

Thanks

No security.jpg

Security.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm wondering if the following is happening to you.

When in Acrobat, you are viewing the document differently and able to make edits. When you are opening the PDF from RoboHelp (or more accurately, the browser) you are presenting it from the PDF reader and not Acrobat. Thus you have different capabiities.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you're right because I launched Adobe Reader and opened the file from there and had the same problem. I guess that means I need to mosey on over to the other forum. (I guess it's their bug, right?) It's funny that it used to work though, before we upgraded to Windows 7.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

That really doesn't surprise me much. Windows 7 seems to be constantly in "Nervous Nellie" mode, protecting us from nefarious behavior. Sometimes that works against us.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp