Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error on Activating Component service in LC ES (7.x)

Level 2

Hi,

I am using LC 7.x. (ES). This question is about activating services in components. I installed a component. While installing, I got no errors. But while activating the service I got this following error. So I am unable to use the service.

An error occured. Please check the Eclipse error log for details.

It is working fine in Livecycle  ES2. So I changed the JDK. I installed JDK 1.5. But no use. Please help me on it. Advance thanks from my side.

Thanks,

Arjun

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Arjun,

LiveCycle ES starts with version 8 and above..

I think you are attempting to install an ES based DSC into pre-ES version.

In 7.* versions of LiveCycle, there were QPAC (Quick Process Action Component) as opposed to DSCs currently in ES+.

You might have to rewrite your component according to QPAC specification to make it work in 7.X version.

Regards,

Nith

Level 2

Hi Nith,

You r correct. It will start with version 8. Sorry for that. I have used ES2 but not ES. So there wont be QPACs here. Now what might be the reason and solution?

Actually I have been provided with a JAR which has the component code. I just changed name the component ID in the component.xml and corresponding Java file name. Thats it.. Nothing else. I did this in order to get a new component, instead of replacing the existing one in the server.

Thanks,

Arjun

Level 10

Can you share the log entry which shows the activation error?