Skip navigation
brian cavanagh
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to import a pdf instead of a jpg to put in the base "photo layer?"

Aug 10, 2012 7:48 PM

Is it possible to import a pdf instead of a jpg to put in the base "photo layer?"

I start with a pdf document convert it to a jpg

mark it up in ideas

then finish up with a marked up  jpg document

then reconvert it back to a pdf

I can only use jpgs in ideas. Converting the pdf to a jpg and them re convert it back after marking it up but this seems like an awfully round about way of doing things especially as it should all be inhouse adobe products .

An alternative would be to use adobe reader to mark up the document, but this does not allow me enough control as compared with marking it up Ideas, particularly with layers and control of the tools.

What I am trying to do is mark up and scribble over my architectual CAD drawings which are exported as a pdf document.

Any one got any bright ideas?

thanks

Brian C.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to brian cavanagh

Hi Brian,

Saving as PDF it is not currently possible.I created the following feature request on your behalf. Please add your vote and any comments you would like see included
    http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1973

I also considered recommending Adobe Debut, it is currently only available on Android and might only work if you presenting the markup data from the tablet itself. You can import a multi-page PDF and add markups to the various pages and present the document to someone from the tablet, not sure if that would be useful for you or not?

Another consideration:

http://usa.autodesk.com/design-review/

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points