Skip navigation
joycessfh9
Currently Being Moderated

Delete an object from a photo

Aug 11, 2012 6:27 AM

How can I delete an object from a photo while keeping the background in the photo?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Aug 11, 2012 6:43 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

It really depends on the size of the object and you may need to use the clone tool but try with the healing brush and select content aware in the options bar.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-elements-9-editor/contentawa re-healing/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 7:33 AM   in reply to 99jon

Please post a representative picture so that we may provide targeted guidance.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Aug 11, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

It may be easier if you upload your image and we can advise on the best options.

Click reply and then click the camera icon on the message header; then navigate to your folder to select your image.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 5:40 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

Still no picture. To repeat what 99jon said, post another message and click the camera icon:

camera.jpg

You can also upload your picture to http://www.pixentral.com/ and post a message letting us know the url of the picture at pixentral.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

Nothing shows up.

Have someone help you upload your picture here in the reply box. You can use the camera icon as explained previously.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

You can't do that in e-mail. You have to do it on the forum page - see post #7 above by Mark Sand.

www.pixentral.com is also available (free). You can upload to pixentral, then provide the URL here so that we may open it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

When you post or reply to a message, the camera icon is in a toolbar directly above the message box, as I have done in this example.

camera2.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to joycessfh9

You cannot use e-mail to attach photos to your replies.  You must access this forum using your Web browser.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 1:43 PM   in reply to joycessfh9

Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:15 PM

To: hatstead

Subject: Re: Delete an object from a photo Delete an object from a photo

In reply to this message, there is no block on my end. Both my computer and my cerebral hemispheres function admirably. You can not, repeat not, attach a picture file in an e-mail message such as this and have it show up on the forum pages.

Re: Delete an object from a photo

created by joycessfh9 in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion I ju

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to joycessfh9

Joyce, have you simply tried the camera icon in a forum message - it's straightforward.  For large size pictures uploading to pixentral might be better (I'm not sure, but there might be a limit to the size that can be uploaded in a forum message).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to joycessfh9

joycessfh9 wrote:

Forum message?

I simply replied to your e-mail with attachments.  Any other way of reaching you?

What email are you referring to?  As others already said, email has nothing at all to do with uploading a picture to this forum.  When you initially post a new forum topic or click "Reply" to add a new message or reply to an existing one, you should get the "Post a new answer" box for entering your text as showed in msg#12.  The camera icon is directly above the message box. Do you not get either the message box and/or the toolbar with the camera icon?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points