Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't remember (again) how to blur edges on round sun

Aug 11, 2012 11:24 AM

I filled a transparent layer with blue sky, opened another layer and used the elliptical marquee tool to draw a round sun, and filled with yellow. I then blurred the edges with a simple keystroke, but can't remember what I did. Please help me to recall this. Thanks in advance.sun.png

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 11, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to sheana2002

There are different ways to do what you're doing, but given the description of where you are (right after filling a circular selection), I'd Select - None (Control-N) then Filter - Blur - Gaussian Blur and set the Radius to taste.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 11, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to sheana2002

None come to mind, except perhaps if you created an action to do the steps I decribed and assigned it to a function key. 

Once you do a Gaussian Blur one time, and assuming you don't do any other filters, you can do the same Gaussian Blur filter again with the same parameters by pressing Control-F.  That works with most things in the Filter menu.  Basically Control-F is a "do it again" function.

Maybe someone else with a better crystal ball can come up with a different idea.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Aug 12, 2012 4:35 PM   in reply to sheana2002

You're welcome, and thanks for letting me know you got it working.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to sheana2002

have the layer where you have the circle selected. then do a shift+control+i, to inverse the selection, then press shift+F6 to feather, now its up to you how you would want the edges to be blurry, but 10% or 20% usually works for me.     3.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points