Skip navigation
zaokii
Currently Being Moderated

This is the second time, Adobe.

Aug 11, 2012 11:55 AM

"The second time of what, curious bypasser?" you may ask. Well, sit down, kids. I'm about to tell you a pleasant little story.

Once upon a time, I updated Flash. My OS then proceeded to corrupt after a series of blue screens and CHKDSK. Being the dashingly stunning computer wiz that I am, I figured it was a fluke, and reformatted. I still had my files, so what was the harm?

Let me tell you, kids. Let me tell you what the harm was. The harm was when it happened again. I have been working on my computer for over eleven hours. No use, I will still have to reformat. Cheers, Adobe! I will not be installing Flash after I reformat. Ever. Your product has aggravated me for the last time.

I don't know how your product has managed to do this not once, but twice. But I do know that I now hold a very dark grudge against you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 5:48 PM   in reply to zaokii

Nice post

However, it is very unlikely that a browser add-on can cause a BSOD.  More likely it was the graphics driver (used by Flash Player) that caused a BSOD.  Updating the graphics driver may actually have fixed it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points