Skip navigation
Jon-M-Spear 969 posts
Jan 27, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

nVidia GTX 680 preferences?

Aug 9, 2012 1:18 AM

I'm looking to replace my aging FX3800 with a GTX 680 (either 2GB or 4GB) - largely for PP and AE CS6.

There's such a profusion of manufacturers...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscar ds/nvidiagtx680keplerseries/

...that it's difficult to know which is the best, and what the nuances are - if any.

Any guidance would be extremely welcome.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 1:30 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

From this list, clearly the EVGA - 4 GB. Acceptable price, nice amount of memory, nicely overclocked and a good reputation.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

Jon, just so I'm clear understanding - you're using this card to view the extended desktop across two monitors, and using a third monitor as a client monitor, with a full frame output of your timeline?  I thought I read that this was not possible or advisable elsewhere on this board?  If you are having success with it, a couple of questions:  what did you need to do in PP & Windows to configure this, and (for you or the other experts here), would this work as well with an EVGA 4gb gtx 670?  Thanks, getting ready to start my build, would be happy to avoid the cost of the black magic card if feasible.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 2:54 PM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

Thanks Jon, this is encouraging.  I just ordered an ASUSPA24Q to use as my client monitor, my Sony PVM is officially a relic.  Once my basic build is up, I'm going to give this a try before picking up the BMD card.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

Good to know, thanks again.  Don't work too much in AE, I'll probably pick up the BMD card at some point, though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points