• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Only Loads Part of Video (10 Seconds To One Minute) Then Goes Into Endless Buffer.

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to watch videos (on various websites) flash player only loads the first 30 seconds to 1 minute of video then stops and goes into endless buffer. I start the video and the progress bar - (the one that shows how much of the video has been loaded, not the one that shows how much time has passed.) -starts showing the video is loading. After a short time the progress bar stops. The buffering logo pops up but doesn't actually do any buffering. This happens on all my browsers (Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 14.01, and Chrome 21.0.1180.75m)

I have Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit)

I have the lastest versions of each browsers respective flash players.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled flash player

I have also tried the 11.4 beta versions

All my drivers are up-to-date.

I have also updated my router's firware

I've tried disableing hardware acceleration

I've deleted all each browser's cookies, cache, etc

I've tried resetting my modem and router

I've read similar forum posts (on this site) and done everything that staff has suggested. Nothing has worked thus far.

I appreciate all time and help in answering this question. I would love to be able to watch videos again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DoogosVilla wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, no.

Can you provide a URL where this occurs?

Do you have an extremely slow Internet connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't any particular website. Youtube for one. Any website I go to that has flash videos does this. All flash videos play like this. I have a great connection. This only recently started happening. It was working fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Pat Willener:

Sorry, no.

Can you provide a URL where this occurs?

Do you have an extremely slow Internet connection?

~~~

Really?

This is a common and widespread problem that has occurred recently.  Do a Google search.

Your stance is that it always the end-user got it wrong -  latest versions of Flash, browsers, video drivers, hardware acceleration etc., and now "extremely slow internet connection".

It's FLASH that's the problem - or more precisely the updates that Adobe have foisted on everyone.  Your colleague has told us - "you're working round the clock to fix it".

So, why not  admit it: Adobe have fouled up and people all around the world cannot watch videos because of this foul-up, and worse, are wasting time fiddling around with all the things DoogosVilla has listed?

Please do not keep coming up with even more lame explanations as to why it's the end-users' fault and not that Adobe's software doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure that everyone who posts here does experience the problem(s) they do.

When I wrote "no", it just means that

1. I do not experience it
  2. I have never experienced it
  3. on any computers under my control

For people who do experience problems, sometimes there are ways to correct them locally on their system; sometimes the software needs to be fixed.  I never "blame" the users.  Except when they are infected with malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some tests and I can now all but confirm that the flash player software is the issue. I advise that it gets fixed before the stable version of 11.4 is released. This happened to me several months ago as well. It managed to fix itself within a couple days but this time it's been well over a week and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DoogosVilla wrote:

I advise that it gets fixed before the stable version of 11.4 is released.

Did you send feedback regarding the problems you encountered with the 11.4 beta?  Either to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent one in. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; hopefully it's not too late - 11.4 may be released very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I hope not. I heard it will be released in a couple weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't encountered this either, do you have a bug number that I can take a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say bug number, do you mean the one from bugbase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the bugbase bug number, or the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have two of them since it occured on 11.3 and 11.4

11.3: 3309518

11.4: 3309520

Note: The information in those reports is pretty much the same as the information in my first post. If you need any additional information or if inputed something incorrectly, please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for adding the bugs.  I'd like to recommend that anyone affected by this issue take a minute and cast a vote and add a comment.  Your input is highly valued.

Flash Player 11.3 Only Loads Part of Video (10 Seconds To One Minute) Then Goes Into Endless Buffer.

Flash Player 11.4 Only Loads Part of Video (10 Seconds To One Minute) Then Goes Into Endless Buffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines