Skip navigation
dedgcl
Currently Being Moderated

verticle spry menu issue

Aug 11, 2012 11:19 AM

Tags: #spry #submenus #menu #verticle

is there a way to move the lower items on a verticle spry menu down when a sub-menu appears, so that the submenu does not cover up the items below? Hope that makes sense?

I haven't uploaded the site yet, so I have no link to provide.

thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to dedgcl

just press the blue thing appear above the menu and go down to properities down and press the iteme in the left SQUARE and in the middle one there is a + and - sign there you can add or remove any item...hope i understood you well and answered well...all the best

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to dedgcl

Normally, the submenus fly out to the right on a Spry vertical menu. They don't cover the remaining items. So there should be no need to move the other items down.

Are you testing the Spry menu on Internet Explorer? The Spry menus in the Dreamweaver Insert panel/bar are incompatible with IE 8 and IE 9. You need to insert a Spry Menu Bar 2.0 from the Adobe Widget Browser instead. There's a tutorial on Spry Menu Bar 2.0 at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/spry_menu_bar.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 4:02 PM   in reply to David_Powers

Just to complicate matters, I have been using the SpryMenuBar successfully for quite some time and have no problem with IE8 and IE9. The only problem is with touch screens because of their inability to show hover events.

If you are having a problem with the SpryMenuBar, the most likely cause is a mistake made when modifying the CSS or interference from outside of the MenuBar widget, such as JavaScript or overriding style rules.

The best way to get our assistance is to upload the site and to supply a URL. This way we can quickly get to the bottom of the problem.

Gramps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points