Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Spry menu goes up not down

Aug 11, 2012 6:08 PM

Tags: #spry #menu #local #viewing

Set up a website with a Spry menu bar, 5 items, 3 have dropdown items. When in live mode, all menus go up instead of down.

I've tried moving the menu to various locations within the site to see if it was reacting to other parts of the website were interferring with the menu but nothing I did in moving it changed anything.

Also, as a side issues (FWIW), whenever i try to view the site locally on my browsers, DW is trying to access the page via the hosting server. How do you get the page(s) to be viewed locally from within your computer? I can't find any setting for this. If it's existing, it's hiding.

DW CS6, Mac OS X.6.8

Thanks for any help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to Gary Coyne

Set up a website with a Spry menu bar, 5 items, 3 have dropdown items. When in live mode, all menus go up instead of down.

I've tried moving the menu to various locations within the site to see if it was reacting to other parts of the website were interferring with the menu but nothing I did in moving it changed anything.

The out-of-the-box SpryMenuBar works as it should. Therefore you have changed something that has upset the applecart. Unfortunately we are not privy to the changes that you have made, hence it is impossible to render any asisistance at this stage. please upload the site and supply the URL.

Also, as a side issues (FWIW), whenever i try to view the site locally on my browsers, DW is trying to access the page via the hosting server. How do you get the page(s) to be viewed locally from within your computer? I can't find any setting for this. If it's existing, it's hiding.

What do you use as a local server?

Gramps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points