Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PPBM5 "Phil AVCHD 1.MTS" ofline, cant relink

Aug 11, 2012 6:28 AM

Hi, as sugested by people on the PP forum I am trying to run the PPBM5 benchmark (on CS6) but cant seem to link the Phil AVCHD 1.MTS files.  Any ideas how I can sort thinf out.

Ben

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 11, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to funkytwig

If you unzipped the file to the PPBM directory and it shows up 'off-line', try downloading again. It has very occasionally happened that the download was corrupted, but generally that was solved by downloading again and following the instructions exactly.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to funkytwig

What you have to do is drill down in the "Trimmed_Benchmark" folder until you find the file if Harm's suggestion does no solve the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to funkytwig

I have asked Bill to look into the instruction details for CS6 with your experiences in mind. I'm pretty busy with the new site now and that is why I asked Bill to look into it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to funkytwig

ftwig wrote:

Thanks for that, got it working.  I am suing CS6 and in the instructuins it says:

Step 2.3   H.264 test

In the first Source Name row and the Format column select H.264 Blu-ray and in the Preset column select HDTV 1080i 29.97 High Quality. Make sure that the Output file is shown as below.

There is no ' HDTV 1080i 29.97 High Quality' but there is ' HDTV 1080i 29.97' and ' HDTV 1080i 29.97(1.33 PAR)'.

I have set to the first.  That is correct

Also in CS6 it is just AVI. I do not understand that statement

I am running the encoder tests and AVI encoding is hapening in burats.  It is doing some encoding, then stoping, then doing more encoding  Currently it has stoped for quite a logn tie (> 1 minute).  This is in windows and I have noticed ti before.  It does not seem to happen for Mac,  When it is stopped the performance of the PC seems verry slugish. This seems strange, and ideas?

This might be due to your disk system, do you have indexing  and compression turned off?

Or it could be that you are running anti- (virus, spamware, malware??) and it is higher priority than the disk.  The AVI encoding is the disk intensive benchmark, I have not seen this myself.  Look at your processes and see what other is process is running during the test.

Ben

PS I am going to start a new thread relating to the stopping/starting of AME

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to funkytwig

hey Roy,

What is the disk setup in your machine....are you talking about the new laptop??  Minimum two separate drives required...if laptop....the single750GB is not enough.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to JFPhoton

No, desktop. Currently at rank # 687.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers