• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Connection

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a release date set for Creative Cloud Connection?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Good news, the CC Connection app is finally available for download:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/creative-cloud-connection/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toherangi,

We know that every one is waiting eagerly for Creative Cloud Connection.

But as of now the release date is not set, it will be available in next few weeks.

Thanks,

Baljeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August is a week away and we're still waiting on an integral part of the Creative Cloud. A little transparency would be nice, Adobe. Just something to make your paying customers feel valued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? It has been more than a few weeks now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we all wait for cloud connection or for myself at least an update of creative cloud which brings some more useful features for the file or folder handling e.g. share complete folders instead of sharing file by file.

It would be great to get some information from adobe regarding upcomming updates and when they will be released.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Baljeet should come back on this forum and apologize or at least give an explanation as to why a few weeks turned into four months. At least have the courage to address a reply that was clearly wrong. Maybe s/he has lost their job?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your disappointment regarding the delay.

Baljeet was just replying with what was known back in May as captured in this blog post http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/coming-soon-to-creative-cloud/.

I do not have an update on when Creative Cloud Connection will be ready. The team working on it is committed to shipping it. Many promised features have been delivered such as Lightroom and Digital Publishing Suite: Single Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

I believe the issue here is the simple fact that Adobe is being so tight lipped on why the hold up. There have been several blog post that said "Few Weeks" or "Final Touches" months ago. I believe we understand that delays happen but create a blog post and be upfront about this versus continued "Coming Soon" or  "Working Hard", etc. Those sayings do nothing to help.

I also realize (from my limited knowledge, and correct me if I am wrong) Adobe Employees are bound by NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) and cannot comment on certain aspects of the programs. Please encourage an official rep (who has the ability) to post something on Creative Cloud Connection and what is going on. Note: I am not looking for official release date, etc, just a simple explanation on what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed Lynda.

As you say, the root cause of user frustration here is not so much the late delivery of features promised months ago but the wall of silence from Adobe.

What result can that generate other than user frustration?

Adobe has not yet learned to blog in such a way that its users are constantly updated with even tiny snippets of news and a positive buzz is generated at all times.

The Cloud blog is a classic example of an excellent tool and medium being sorely underused

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/

We get an exciting blog update then nothing for months. Adobe's own John Nack is an excellent example of how to blog successfully but, unfortunately, his regular blogging habit is not more widespread within Adobe.

If Adobe would learn to speak more often, we would all listen patiently and be more accepting of whatever issues are preventing the release of some long ago promised features.

It's really not that hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this is a classic response from Adobe that I have read for so long here on the forums but haven't bothered to reply. Just a tinge of pissed of sarcasm with "Thank you for sharing your disappointment regarding the delay". I'm not dissapointed by the fact that their isn't a cloud connection service. I think it would be cool if THERE was one, ala Dropbox, but the other big contenders in this field such as apple with their cloud service are also lacking and companies (and the employees within) have a right to get backed up and fall behind scheduale. That isn't the problem. I am still able to create everything I need to without the cloud service.

What is the problem is the marketing that is used on us. Many, if not a majority who subscribed to the creative cloud probably work within advertising and marketing in some way. So we are quite used to the copy text and the "fabulous" and "amazing" adjectives used to describe each awesome new feature that is released to all of us that are lucky enough to subscribe to the creative cloud.

I love the fact that Adobe is finally offering a subscription service and for the products that are currently available there is more than enough to make us creatives happy. (I also don't agree with the difference in Europe and North American prices but...)

The core issue is the lack of information. Be honest! If Baljeet or Ken don't know what is going on then don't come on this forum and answer your customers (the ones who PAY your wages). Pass this on to your supervisor and say in the next meeting you have on Monday, hey Boss there are quite a few of our loyal, smart customers who are thinking we aren't being as open and honest as they think we should be. Maybe we should do something about it? Maybe we should tell them what it is we are thinking about with this cloud connection deal and explain to them that we wish we could tell them more but we can't let out all our secrets.

Hell, make a great video of it and post it on all your social sites and say that you are committed to having open and honest conversations with us (your clients). The ones that are willing to buy your products and are not willing to jump ship when the competitor comes along with a wicked new solution that works the way that we are complaining it should work. It's called customer loyalty and it is gained by becoming a "friend" to the ones who put forth their hard earned money to give you all wages every month.

Go over to the RED forums and have a look at what their CEO says on his blog. And notice all the other small companies out there that are gaining a strong market share with their businesses because of their "social" attitude in this rapidly changing landscape.

Listen to your customers (because in marketing the customer is always right) and also we might just be able to give you a few good ideas here and there that you don't have to pay for.

And if there are others within Adobe that are "doing it right" then learn from them, promote them and get them to teach others on how to be better customer communicators.

We don't want to be splashed and dashed with fabulous awesome new products and services. We want to be treated like a partner. You are the one who is helping us create great new projects/products. Work with us and we will be happy to work with you.

I'm not frustrated that there is no Cloud Connection, I'm dissappointed with the responses on these forums or the lack there of. And I think that is more damaging in the long run.

I'll stop there. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your post doesn't get an adequate response from Adobe then I don't know what will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always tried to be straight-forward in my forum posts helping customers. What I meant by "thank you for sharing your disappointment" is please continue to post.

Creative Cloud Connection is late. Problems were uncovered that caused the schedule to slip. The team working on the project is very aware of this and is doing everything they can to get the product to a shippable state. We are much closer now to releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks for the explaination. Sorry if I misread your previous post. Ha, ha. But now if it's delayed until after Christmas, you better make sure to keep us all posted. 😉

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Ken

I know delays are never something to be proud of but it makes it worse by closing the door! CC users just want to be kept in the loop

Now waiting a bit more patiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Ken,

While I believe Adobe could post more information and be more open in many ways I do greatly appreciate the time you and other Adobe employees spend here on the forums attempting to assist other users with Creative Cloud issues. It does make a difference in many ways to know that Adobe has employees who take their time to help others. I would be lost without you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever Creative Connection is meant to be may be dead due to the behavior of Creative Cloud itself.  See http://forums.adobe.com/message/4688144

Which reveals that Creative Cloud checks WEEKLY for internet activity and if it doesn't see the cloud disables your access to all software.  Obviously you'd need the "cloud" daily for connection.  But imagine going on a photo safari for a few weeks and finding out that one week into your trip Photoshop or Lightroom will no longer start because Adobe software couldn't connect to the internet.

Geez Adobe, it's a MONTHLY subscription. What's wrong with a MONTH of grace period?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow that. The Creative Cloud checks itself for itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to have an Adobe answer here, but per the discussion, Adobe's implementation periodically checks to be sure your monthly subscription is still valid. IF "cloud" is unable to connect to the "cloud" (i.e. Adobe's licensing facility on the internet) then after 7 days of non-connection, the on-computer license checker revokes access to any Cloud Components.  I.e. your Photoshop, Lightroom or what-have-you is now a brick.

I've failed to see Adobe say anything else. For me this is a serious non-starter. I run weeklong + workshops in remote areas. For my Photoshop and LR to go belly up because I have no internet access is not acceptable.  Why they chose to chop it off after a week rather than say 21 days or a month is unclear.

Also, if you read the referenced thread, apparently some people are having issues due to firewalls or other business related access restrictions from the networks they are on.

I'd be tempted to use the Creative Cloud if I could be sure my fully licensed version of PS CS5 would not become entangled with Creative Cloud and go in brick mode.  Based on past bad experience, I'm 90% sure that a PS6 version from the cloud will wrap its tendrils around a fully licensed CS5 PS and choke it to death. And I am even less optimistic that it would ever recover if I discontinued Creative Cloud.

In the other thread someone made this observation:

I tried what was suggested in this thread, installed the updates for the Application Manager, but this continues to happen. I've paid Adobe a lot of money over the years, and I expect this issue fixed.

Seems like I should have been smart and just pirated your software instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of both discussions. What it seems is implied is that if the cloud has problems with the cloud, we lose.

I certainly considered that before subscribing. For certain, an Internet shutdown ordered as an emergency measure would affect continuation of the license if it wasn't lifted in time, and for some, that may only be 24 hrs or less depending on circumstances.

So I am ready with my prime app, PS to roll back to CS5, and most likely will re-install it fairly soon so as to avoid not being able to use it due to the inability to activate. And that takes more space in my HD and that means a new HD etc.

Some install apps on another drive than C but as I understand it, PS has difficulty with that

No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken, any chance of giving us guys an update? How are things progressing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ajen73 - We are still at work resolving the last of the issues. A lot of internal testing has been done by many employees across all of Adobe. I do not have a release date to give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajen73 wrote:

Listen to your customers (because in marketing the customer is always right) and also we might just be able to give you a few good ideas here and there that you don't have to pay for.

And if there are others within Adobe that are "doing it right" then learn from them, promote them and get them to teach others on how to be better customer communicators.

We don't want to be splashed and dashed with fabulous awesome new products and services. We want to be treated like a partner. You are the one who is helping us create great new projects/products. Work with us and we will be happy to work with you.

I'm not frustrated that there is no Cloud Connection, I'm dissappointed with the responses on these forums or the lack there of. And I think that is more damaging in the long run.

I'll stop there. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

My thoughts on Adobe for the last few years.

When you're on a store page you can get into a sales chat within moments.

When your a paying customer and something is not working you can leave your info with someone who doesn't know the software.

And then hope you get an e-mail sometime soon from the tech guys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I told my client that I was going to deliver a product in "a few weeks" and then said nothing about the progress for months... I'd be fired... quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines