• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete your request because of a program error

Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys...

i am using photoshop cs6 exteneded since days, and i wrote a text in 3D mode. so after finishing it, i tried to render it. after finishing rendering, i try to save my work, then i get something like "could not save because there is not enough memoryRAM" and after some tries to save it, i get " could not complete your request because of a program error" it always happens.

i use windows 7 with intel core i3, 2.13 GHz, and RAM 4 GB

thax

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much VRAM do you have on GPU?  Believe 512 is min. for certain functions of 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, here are some info about my video card

name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

approx. totall memory: 2225 MB

current display mode: 1366 x 768 (32bit) (59Hz)

so i wonder if that is not enough !

thax for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you check what I said?

What display driver version do you have?  Is it the latest one released on nVidia.com?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also did that Mr Noel

1st i checked drivers update from device manager, 2nd i checked for updates on manufacture web-site, and it is ok

i remember updating my driver before about 2 months.

could it be that because PS cs5 extended is still installed on my pc !

thax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an older version on your PC will have no effect as they are independant programs.  Best not to uninstall them.

I see this is a mobile GPU so question you have 2225 mb of VRAM.  Open Photoshop and click Help/system info.  On second page look for Video Card Memory.  Will probably be 256 or 512 mb.  If 256 may not be enough memory to work well with 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well Mr. Curt, it says "Video Card Memory: 512 MB"

so i guess there is no problem with that

thax for the help

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the 4g RAM how much do you have allocated to PS?  Should be less than 70% or you will starve computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but how do i find out how much is used for PS !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS click on edit/preferences/performance.  Think the recommended value for 4g is about 55%.  To get the benefits of CS6 you really need 64bit OS and min 8 g of RAM.  THe OS needs about 2 gigs and the rest can go to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

it says

available ram: 3255

ideal range: 1790-2343 MB

let PS use 1953 MB (60%)

isnt that enough! i am already using windows 7 OP 64bit, if all that is not enough, then i will stick to PS cs5

thax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CS6 a lot more reliance is put on the video card, and of course good drivers, so that seems to be were a lot of the problems lie. 

Whether 4 g or ram is enough will depend on how large your images are and what edits you use.  The power users are going for 24g + now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once i thought maybe it is because i am using a large photos, but then i tried with a very small photo and i still get the same problem. not only this, after not being able to save the work i done in 3D mode, i close that photo without closing PS, and i start working on sth else but not in 3D. so i try to save my work, and i get the same message saying not enough memory RAM. so all my work is gone. that means if would like to work on sth, i have to close PS and re-open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a computer expert, but seems like I have read that can also be a GPU memory problem where it does not release memory. 

You might try Edit/Purge and then selecting the type of buffer you want to purge.  Video cache is also a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, thax for the try....

i got contacted now with graphics card manufacture, and i sent them a copy of my system. they are going to check if there is a problem with the card, so i might get an answer with some hours. probably they will tell me to remove the Vcard driver and re-install it again. so i am going to wait for their answer.

thax a lot for your time and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

To confirm, you only run into this problem after rendering out a 3D type extrusion, correct?

IOW, same small photo used each time:

1) open 1000px x 1000px RGB file, generate type layer and extrude to 3D, render 3D layer, save — error

2) open 1000px x 1000px RGB file, generate type layer and extrude to 3D, save — no error

3) open 1000px x 1000px RGB file, generate type layer, save — no error

If that's the case then I don't think it's a GPU problem. How many scratch disks do you have active and how much free space do they have? (go to Preferences> Performance).

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in response to Steve, here is what i have done

1-opened 1000px x 1000px RGB file, typed 5 letters on 5 layers, saved, no problem

2-opened 1000px x 1000px RGB file, typed 5 letter on 5 layers, extruded to 3D, saved, no problem

3-opened 1000px x 1000px RGB file, typed 5 letter on 5 layers, rendered 3D, saved, no problem

but:

when i work on my projects with 14.85 cm X 10.5 cm , resolution 300 pixel/inch, and color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1

i start having this problem when i want to render. and i tried many times with different stuff, but the same since i am using these options !!

thax

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Try changing your resolution value to 72 ppi.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if changing the VRAM usage limit in Edit - Preferences - 3D could possibly help...  I've never heard any advice one way or another on manipulating the settings in that dialog.  Pretty much everyone leaves them at default settings I think.

Steve, can you suggest ways to monitor GPU resource usage?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thax for the tip and help

but why there is 300 resolution if we cant use !

i forgot to mention that i have 1 scratch disk with 53 GB free space

thax to all who tried to help here, have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i forgot to mention that i have 1 scratch disk with 53 GB free space

That is not much room for the PS Scratch Disk. If one is working with nothing but small files, and doing only simple editing, it might be adequate, but there are other considerations. At about 70% of capacity, a HDD will begin to have diminished performance, and this diminished performance will get worse and worse. At 100% capacity (Scratch Disks can grow quickly), the chance of a catastrophic failure are high. I try to never temp fate.

Good luck, and I would find more HDD space for the Scratch Disks, if it were me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thax for the tip Mr. Hunt, i am working on that now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Losewy,

I have been reading your thread with interest because I am going through the same problems that you are experiencing when it comes to not been able to even save a file, or open a raw photo image.  I am working with CS5 Extended v12.0.4 x 32, so the problem expands to more than one Photoshop version. I often run into the same error messages have mentioned:

"Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)" or something like "Could not save file because of a system error".

I am working with a PC Windows Vista Home Premium (Service pack 2) system very much similar to what you have, with 4GB of RAM, and an Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) 2.40 GHz.RAID system.   I also have a similar video card (NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT with 512 MB of memory), which I also updated not too long ago with the latest fixes.

My scratch disk has 71.1 G of free space and is pointed to the C drive while I normally work from data in a D drive.

Although I am not doing 3D work which uses a lot of power to do the rendering, I do use a lot of other filters to manipulate my images. So the other think we have in common is a large number of plug-in filters.

In my case, even where there is no other program open, I am experiencing these problems, and it is getting frustrating. I love working in Photoshop and I love manipulating photos, and I am not totally lost in understanding the nuances of the OS and the insides of Photoshop, but it seems that the responses to the thread have gone beyond the 'common understanding" of a regular Photoshop user (artist mind) into the realm of system engineering and it has actually made it more confusing –at least for me– to understand and tackle the problem(s).

Unfortunately, any other information in this forum and related to this problem goes back a few years back and has not offered too much of a solution.

So I am hoping you were able to make more sense of all this and perhaps share on any advances you have made on this.  Have you been able to solve your problem? Have you done something that has improved the situation?  Any assistance will be greatly, greatly appreciated.  🙂

A frustrated Photoshoper,

Rocío LB

www.two2tango.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RocioLB wrote:

…My scratch disk has 71.1 G of free space and is pointed to the C drive while I normally work from data in a D drive…

Hola Rocío:

You might not think so, but 71 GB is not that much free space to be shared by Photoshop's scratch disk with the swap files of the OS, the web browser's cache files and whatever other processes and/or applications you may have running.  All those are memory hogs.

4 GB of RAM, in my opinion, is the bare minimum to run CS6 comfortably and with a modicum of stability.  These days many folks consider 8 GB the minimum.

My primary scratch disk is a dedicated 250 GB physically separate internal hard drive, and I have some 400 GB free on my boot drive.  I have 16 GB of RAM installed on my main working machine.  Other users have a lot more; I am now just a retired, disabled old geezer on a fixed income, otherwise I'd be running with lots more RAM and maybe with an array of non-spinning SSD drives.

The scratch disk is created the instant you open an image file or create a new document, always.  Its size is determined by the size of the file, the number of layers, the number of history states you keep open, etc.  Figure on 100 times or more the size of your largest file multiplied by the number of files you keep open, just for Photoshop's scratch disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station_two... now you are talking my language! Thanks SO MUCH!

At least it gives me an idea of where to start, and I think it makes sense with some of the previouis reading.  I guess is time to update my computer memory and the hard drives and I better do that before I retire (not too far awary) or will be having real problems, eh?!  😉  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines