Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Application Manager Says Acrobat is Installed But it Isn't

Aug 11, 2012 9:48 AM

I had to uninstall acrobat since it wouldn't start, some kind of incorect license message.  It may have been installed, in fact it probably was originally installed from a disk I had. I assumed I would simply be able to re-install the creative cloud version from application manager but application manager insists it's installed.  It ain't.  This is after multiple reboots. Any ideas?

Eric

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to ericgraig

Hi Eric,

You might try to uninstall the previous installation:

Uninstall Acrobat X in Mac OS®

In Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers, select the Acrobat X Uninstaller and double-click it.

Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall Acrobat.

In the Authenticate dialog box, type the user name and password for an administrator account and click OK.

Note: The uninstaller removes only Adobe Acrobat X files from the system.  It does not remove Adobe Reader files, Acrobat user data, or files that are shared with other Adobe applications.

(Optional) Move any Adobe PDF Settings files that you created from the Library/Application Support/Adobe PDF folder and drag the folder to the Trash.

Uninstall Acrobat X in Windows®

Open Control Panel > Programs and Features (Vista/Win 7) or Add/Remove Programs (XP)

Find the entry for Acrobat X, select it

Click Uninstall and follow the on screen instructions

Note: be sure to check the list again after uninstallation to ensure the Acrobat components are removed

After uninstall try reinstalling Acrobat X from within the Adobe Applictaion Manger

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points