Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

using tag_edit and tag_delete

Aug 13, 2012 3:24 PM

Im working on a webapp, kind of still learning the web app tag usage.

I need to list the items of the webapp and next to it have a check box to delete - and when they click on the web app item link it opens to let them edit it.

This is all being done in a secured area the site owner will login to add listings -

I cant find any docs on how to implement the edit and delete tags though - i see them just no specifics or examples -

Thanks in advance - hoping for a quick answer lol

Tom

Replies
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 13, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to TomCuneo-MLT

Why is the site owner going there? They can just manage web app items in the admin.

The tag edit link is for the owner of that web app item (which you would need to set in the admIn) and in the list view it will have a hyperlink which links to the edit layout which has the form.

Delete will be the same and do exactly what it says on the tin.

But it seems your building a back end for the client of the site? When the admin is for them to do those things already.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 13, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to TomCuneo-MLT

The edit and delte will only render when logged in. You essentially just output the web app list.
    Delete wise it does not work like that, you just need to implement as those tags render.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 13, 2012 4:58 PM   in reply to TomCuneo-MLT

You need to set the owner on the web app item in the admin to the person your logging in with.

Only one owner can be assigned to the web app item.

Under more options in the web app item you assign by going to "Submitted By"

If you have more then one staff they would have to share the same login to be able to edit all items, but then shared login -

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 13, 2012 6:54 PM   in reply to TomCuneo-MLT

I have more then one implementation with those, in a securezone in a list layout and works perfectly.They render when owner logs in and its all good so I am not sure what your issue is and why your doing these extra bits Tom

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points