Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3D Camera tracker error!

Aug 13, 2012 6:46 PM

Tags: #problem #help #3d #camera #after_effects

3d Camer tracker: Layer size must match composition and use default transform values.

Okay, this sounds simple, but i cant get it to work!!!!!!!!!!!

I create a new comp, and use 1366x745, wich i think was what i recorded and then resized it to in Camtasia.  I then just drag 3d camera tracker onto it, an then POP goes the error!

What do i do?

btw, i have cs6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to toiletflush

Make it easy on yourself, drag your clip down and drop it on the "Create" icon. It will generate a sequence with the EXACT specs of your clip. Then try tracking again.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 3:21 AM   in reply to toiletflush

What lasvideo said. Simply drag&drop the footage onto the new comp icon at the bottom of the project window. Assuming your footage interpretation was correct, the comp will inherit the settings correctly.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 6:59 PM   in reply to toiletflush

Link to the clip so we know what the heck you are referring to 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to toiletflush

The 3D camera tracker is unpredictable. It tends to work best if the video is fairly sharp with clearly defined areas which represent movement of the environment. It seems to need this to calculate parallax and the camera field of view. If you have objects or people moving in the footage, it can through the camera tracker off. Experiment with the various settings on a small section of the video clip. Once you have settings that work, expand the time range you want to track and re-try it.

I have gotten very mixed results, and find that its simple controls and interface may limit some of its power. When it works, it usually works very well. When it doesn't, the results are useless. Keep trying and good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Right click on the image and selectfit to composition. that should remedy the issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points