• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Windows Vista and have been trying to update my Adobe Flash Player for several weeks.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to visit YouTube or Vevo they are telling me I need to update my Adobe Flash Player, I click the update button then it tells me the newer version is already installed. I have visited your help site numerous times trying to uninstall the program then reinstall it. No luck. I have even enabled the shock wave as recommended.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html then try installing again.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me the 18 times I tried it. Adobe scripts are the shits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to give the steps in this FAQ a try:

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I have done all of these steps before. Still no luck. Chris, I cant even look at the instructional video because it telling me I need to update my flash player. Really at a loss here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to watch that video. I followed all the steps, and downloaded the new one. It all went as exactly did in past. I went to Vevo to see if I could watch a video. Guess what? It tells me I need to download the new flash player. ???????????? I have spent hours upon hours trying to fix this and it all ends up in the same place, so frustrating!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even followed Hugo T's discussion and did all of those instructions as well. Still nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ifeel your pain, watched the video, downloaded the new version and still nothing... this is beyond ridiculous................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not only followed yours but everyone eles as well! I feel like I've changed so many of my controls, I'm not safe on the web. This is ridiculous to say the least, is there anyway around this situation!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that has never been asked: what is your web browser?

Also, what is your current installed Flash Player version?  See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_ver...

Can you post a screenshot of a page that asks you to update your Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser is Internet Explorer. I have no idea what the current flash player is being that I have installed and uninstalled several times. Clean install in all. Begining to think Adobe is dirty. And I have no idea how to do screenshot. I really want to know why SO many people are struggling with the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hairchick81 wrote:

My web browser is Internet Explorer.

Check

Hairchick81 wrote:

Begining to think Adobe is dirty.

That is not a nice thing to say.  Adobe is making Flash Player available for free, and the Flash Player developers are doing their best to create a product that works on millions of different computer configurations.  They are also actively participating and helping in this user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hairchick81!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the fix finally! Maybe flash should explain to people that the update isnt as easy as the one click update depending on the computer. I know that it would save you guys from having to deal with not only frustrated people, but time as well. I apologize for my dirty comment. This has been one of the most time consuming and most frustrating things I have ever done on a computer, and that comment expressed it. Although it looks not NEARLY as bad as some. Thank you Pat and Chris for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idiotic silly questions to which you already knew the answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand why Adobe cannot get their installers to operate

correctly on XP and Win7 _x32 and _x64 machines. It has been crappy like

this for the past three years for me. And web pages that I am paying for I

am denied access to. I wish there were some way to recover these costs from

the bastard Adobe programmers, who obviously could not care less about

their customers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines