Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Batch Replace Footage Option? CS6

Aug 13, 2012 7:27 AM

Tags: #pro #audio #premiere #batch #system #cs6 #option #replace #dual #features #footage #syncing

HEY!

I submitted a feature request and wanted to see if anyone else had some interest in this option. I use DUALEYES to sync .WAV files with my DSLR footage so I have high quality audio. When I have the new files, I then replace the original footage that is already imported to the Premiere Pro CS6 project. Without this option, to the best of my knowledge, you have to right click each file and choose replace. Then choose the new file that is labeled MVI_0889_CLEAN.MOV to replace the file MVI_0889.MOV ( The original with a basic scratch audio track. ) This works out great except for the fact I have to do it roughly 300 times for the footage I have imported. Next time I can do this all before starting the project, but this time, it would help out a lot to be able to batch replace.

Does anyone have a better way of doing this or a way to make this process easier?

It would be really nice if Premier Pro CS6 could do this processing of syncing audio and video files with clean separately recorder audio files. Dual Eyes saved me so much time, it's odd that Premiere doesn't have this built in. It would help out so much.

Thanks!

- Rob

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to ProInnovation

When you use 'Dualeyes' to synch video with external audio...what do you end up with? ie ...a new clip ?

How is it done?

BTW ; you probably meant Plural Eyes.  Even so, I dont know the workflow so interested to know?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to shooternz

I'm not familiar with DUAL EYES because we use Plural eyes, but if it's possible to have Dual Eyes export the clips with the same name, but to a different folder then you could simply take all footage offline in Premiere Pro and then reconnect all media to the new folder.   This is similar to how we work with proxy files and works for all files in one operation.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to ProInnovation

ProInnovation wrote:

When using DualEyes, you end up with a new clip that has the original video footage and the externally recorded high quality audio synced up with the heads and tails clipped perfectly.

That's what I expected, so there are no audio handles for L & J cuts ...... oh well....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points