Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using webcam, I cannot click in the Flash window

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am trying to run the video chat on the Omegle anonymous chat site (requires Flash 10+). When I log in, Flash runs fine except for one problem: When the window comes up asking me to authorize my camera I can't do anything. I can move my mouse over the Allow button, but if I click, it does nothing. Buttons do not help, and I have to apologize to people for my camera being broken, causing them to decide to disconnect. I want an end to this nonsense as soon as possible, as it used to work fine.

I am running Flash Player 11.2.202.236, Firefox (not sure what version), and Ubuntu 12.04 (a Linux distro).

Thanks for answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

go to your Ubuntu Software Center and do a search for "compiz"  if there is a green checkmark on the icon you have it installed.  if you are comfortable with uninstalling it, select the icon and click the remove button.  after it uninstalls, restart your OS and see if that resolves your issue...

alternatively, you can tab within the settingsui and select items via enter key or space key

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I really need help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if anyone has seen this before on Linux, but you might also want to try working around this using the steps listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/916355?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped a little. With these steps, I can mess with both the Settings (where in the camera section, I don't really see anything to mess with) and with my Global Settings (Camera and Microphone section; I can't save my settings). Thank you for putting more research into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have compiz running, you could try disabling that.  there are instances when it may interfere with the interaction with the settingsui...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know what compiz is. And no, I don't have it running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it.

To everyone who needs help and is viewing this thread: Get to your Flash preferences, and click the Playback tab. The only setting there is whether or not to ask or block sites from "peer-assisted networking." Click "Settings by Site," and mess with it in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take that back. It broke immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your Ubuntu Software Center and do a search for "compiz"  if there is a green checkmark on the icon you have it installed.  if you are comfortable with uninstalling it, select the icon and click the remove button.  after it uninstalls, restart your OS and see if that resolves your issue...

alternatively, you can tab within the settingsui and select items via enter key or space key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! THANK YOU! My user interface is going to look somewhat ugly from now on but MY CAMERA WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could install gnome gdm...

in a terminal window type the following command

sudo apt-get install gnome

agree to the install and follow the prompts.  it may take a while to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have problems again. Uninstalling compiz doesn't have any effect anymore and instead bugs me about how my Unity launcher has an unmet dependency. My flash is back to not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here's another work around...  apparently unity-2d will work just fine. it does not use compiz.

1. logout
  2. click the little cog icon next to your username and select "Ubuntu 2D"
  3. login

let us know if that works for you.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines