Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cuda Problems

Jun 2, 2012 12:30 PM

Hi some help neded,

I have just up graded to CS6 Production Premium and I am having some problems.

My system

OS 600 gig WD Raptor 10 000rpm Win 7 64bit with all updates and all updates done on CS6

Asus P6x58D-E

24 gig Ram running at 1696

I7 980X running at 4.2

Intel Raid card 6 x 1 tb raid 0

GTX 480

Blackmagic Ultra Studio Pro

I have found the following problem:

If I enable cuda the footage looks like its has the wrong field order. Today I shot a wedding using a Sony EX1R and shot in HD 1920 x 1080 50iand I also used a Atomos  Samurai to record to as well and this footage does the same. I then turned off the cuda to software only and the footage looks fine. I have tried Adobe sequence and a black magic sequence with the same result. I have also uninstalled the BM drivers and used my second monitor as a preview monitor and it does the same. I have also found if I move the CTI left and right fast the machine locks up and comes back to life after about 30 seconds. I have a funny feeling that my GTX is faulty how can I test it. The reason I say this is if I play a squence back that has a demanding set of graphics (Show stoppers FX +-5 layers and some samurai footage and some Digital juice effects it starts off nice and after 10 sec starts to battle.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Darren

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

the footage looks like its has the wrong field order.

What specifically are you seeing that makes you think this?  (And on what device specifically do you see it?)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

OK.

Leave the GPU acceleration on and export out a small segment.  Burn yourself a test Blu-ray and see how that looks.

The goal here is to take PP and the BM out of the loop, to see if anything is wrong with the actual footage.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

>just up graded to CS6... GTX 480

What is your nVidia driver version?

I have read some messages indicating that a driver update was required when going to CS6

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Darren,

Does the same problem exist in Premiere 5.5.2?  Here's a thread you might want to check out with problems with XDCAM EX footage:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1009064?tstart=0

There are some screen shots on this thread, are you experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Gerry

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

OK.

So now we know there's nothing wrong with the actual footage.  That means the issue is only with the hardware output.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

Well, it's long been my opinion that to properly view interlaced media, you need a display capable of showing interlaced media.  That means CRT.  All flat panels will convert that interlaced video into progressive.  Perhaps yours just isn't doing a very good job of that conversion.

So...grab yourself an HD CRT set and hook that up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

Can't hurt.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 11:36 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

Hello darren,

In folder where Premiere CS6 is installed, ( c;\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs6\ have a small text file called "cuda_supported_cards.txt. Open this file with a text editor and add a line "Geforce GTX 480" , because this file originnaly installed by adobe instalaler, do not  insert all nvidia cards names..

after that, restart PProCS6 and active mercury engine and observe the scenes you have for problems..

Other issue is the overclock you are running. Try to slow down the system , because the Video card was designed to support the standard speed of the PCIx bus.

Best regards,

Leon Unger.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

I´m very sad about the lack of file support by the PPr0 CS6. Most of my material is in AVC , OR MPEG2, because i work with soubd post production , and my clients , send to me their film cuts in these formats in order to me is creasting the sound design. I not have time to trancoding files for the CS6 "wants" ... sad.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

At this point I'd suggest talking to Blackmagic to find out what's wrong with their hardware/driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

Hello Darren,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently investigating this issue. At this time I recomend disabling CUDA if you need to export to tape via third party hardware.

Best,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately I have nothing new to update at this time.

I will keep the forum posted.

Take care,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to petergaraway

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem. Can we expect a solution within the next update?

Regards

Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

Hi Darren,

I just installed 6.0.2 yesterday, to see if it will fix this problem. But unfortunately no! My workflow at the moment: editing with mercury playback on, and for print to tape I turn it off.

Adobe is praising their MPE like the Holy Grail and don't succeed to fix this problem. Thats kind of boring.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 6:52 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

Hello people ,

Seems to be the an historical problems with versions of PPro/Master suite. CS2 was worst than CS3. CS3 is better than CS4. CS5 and 5.5 is better than CS4  AND CS6.

I think when adobe will release CS7 our problems will dissappear. CS7 will support AVC and MPEG again, all CS5 modes , presets and file support will return , and we will be happier customers again.

We abandon CS6 here and returns do 5.5 and installs 5.5.2 updates , and we are producing well and fast with our new 4 AMD interlagos machines (64 cores - 4x Opteron 16 cores from titanius computer - plus an NVIDIA TESLA . See their site tha have the same name. )

YES, Windows 8 differently than other versions of previous windows have support for 4P systems.

well we gave up from CS6. The best of all is,  since we rent the software , we do not waste all of our money..

Best regards,

Leossom

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 9:42 PM   in reply to LeoSSom

Hi Darren.

Thought i'd add my 2 cents.

My old system had a gtx480, and i found the experience to be %90 good. The %10 bad i was dealing with buggy stuff, like transitions not rendering, 30second hangs, crashes caused by nvidia drivers, and so on, in the end i put it down to the gtx480. I remeber times of trying to underclock the gtx480 and also manually setting the fan speed to keep it running cooler to try and find some stability.

So with my current build i went with a certified gtx570, and have not seen any of the probelms i was having in my old system with the gtx480.

This could all be coincedence, so i'm not saying this is the fix, but just my experience.

One thing i do notice with my current build, is that when previewing the monitor through the gtx570 versus the MX02 i have installed, is that the gtx570 deinterlaces the 1080i footage, while with MX02 preview does not.

kind regards

Te Rurehe

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

You won't get hardware acceleration out of other NLEs, so switching isn't going to 'solve' this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to Darren Hall

ADOBE are not really trying to fix the issue are they.

According to post 22, yes they are.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points