Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to install Photoshop CS6 on Mountain Lion

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to install Photoshop CS6 (trial version) on my Macbook Pro (OS Mountain Lion) but I keep getting an error message at the end of the installation. I tried redownloading the DMG but no success.

I have uninstalled all my adobe programs (even the folder in Library/Application Support) and I'm running out of option now. Do you have any idea ?

Here's the summary of the message error :

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024, DW063 ... WARNING: DS012 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 10 error(s), 6 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {0C4E7429-E920-4125-980E-029A87AE0A4D} AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 21)

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 22)

----------- Payload: {C7B1C1B3-368D-4C32-A818-83F1554EB398} AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 11)

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 12)

----------- Payload: {48623899-C152-457D-9B30-1F957332AC2F} AdobeColorPhotoshop CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {78E38D75-4D92-4F6E-B631-17A436BED680} AdobeColorVideoProfilesCS CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 5)

----------- Payload: {DE7C6FA1-AF75-48A8-B495-CFAD529BCC3D} Recommended Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" (Seq 3)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {311CDC89-AC18-4344-9EC9-0225328C73D3} Required Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/AdobeArabic-Bold.otf" (Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {9124DF4E-617D-486B-A970-8FA632244F24} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core 13.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" (Seq 2191)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 2191)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Required Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 French Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-fr_FR: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Recommended Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements

Thanks in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Emyn-Muil please contact our support team when they are open on Tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually remove the fonts listed in teh errors before attempting another install and turn off any font mangers you may use.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/ does not exist. I honestly don't know why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It maybe having problems writing to that location then because it should be there.  Try adjusting the permissions on the parent directory and Apply to Enclosed objects.  If you need additional details on how to do this please feel free to respond to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue... I was able to download the whole program minus the photoshop, which is why I wanted to try out in the first place. can some one please assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gcoop7711 if you have exactly the same error message then please try the steps listed in message #3.

If your error message however is different at all then I would recommend either starting a new thread with your error message or contacting our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the instruction just not sure how to execute can you offer any steps or list?

Thank you,

Grant L. Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried contacting the support team via phone... That was honestly the worest experiance of my life. Hold time was longer that predicted which is understandable, however trying to charge someone $40.00 for a trial install issue is bad business flat out! I wanted to install the trial to see if I even wanted to buy the program...If I cannot even install the trial why would I spend $$$$ for the real thing, this is terrible marketing and leaves cutomers angry and feeling used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please provide the steps to this solution? I would greatly appriciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, I might need some additional details to do so, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gcoop7711 I apologize for the experience you had with our support team.  We actually don't charge for support for installing the trial software.  If you have a case number from your interaction it would be appreciated.  This will allow me to review the case history and provide the appropriate feedback.

As for how to adjust please see solution #2 in Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.  For Emyn_Muil I would recommend adjusting the permission on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and then make sure to complete step #6 for applying the permission changes to the enclosed items.

For gcoop7711 please adjust the permissions as is appropriate for your particular error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed the permissions for the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and all the enclosed items but I'm still getting the same error message :

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024, DW063 ... WARNING: DS012 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 10 error(s), 6 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {311CDC89-AC18-4344-9EC9-0225328C73D3} Required Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/AdobeArabic-Bold.otf" (Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {C7B1C1B3-368D-4C32-A818-83F1554EB398} AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 11)

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 12)

----------- Payload: {0C4E7429-E920-4125-980E-029A87AE0A4D} AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 21)

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 22)

----------- Payload: {DE7C6FA1-AF75-48A8-B495-CFAD529BCC3D} Recommended Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" (Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {48623899-C152-457D-9B30-1F957332AC2F} AdobeColorPhotoshop CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: {78E38D75-4D92-4F6E-B631-17A436BED680} AdobeColorVideoProfilesCS CS6 4.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DS012: LocalizeFile: Localized string not found for locale 'fr_FR' try fetching for en_US(Seq 5)

----------- Payload: {9124DF4E-617D-486B-A970-8FA632244F24} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core 13.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" (Seq 2191)

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 French Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-fr_FR: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emyn_Muil then you will want to review your installation log in it's entirety to see if you have any other directories which you are having permissions issues on.  You can find directions on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just uninstall cs6 and re install? Or would I run into the same issue?

Thank you,

Grant L. Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the PDApp.log : I have no [FATAL], only some [ERROR] :

Tue Aug 14 23:35:41 2012[ERROR] IMSLib - Failed in getting value for key in OPMGetValueForKey
Tue Aug 14 23:35:41 2012[INFO] IMSLib - Failed to get default user for clientId in fetchDefaultUserInfoForClientId...
Tue Aug 14 23:35:41 2012[ERROR] LWANative - failed in IMSLib's fetchDefaultUserInfoForClientId function, in getDefaultUserForClientId

Appart from that, the only line that says "failed" is this one :

[INFO] OPM - Failed to set default attributes for File :/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db error:1

I've checked this folder, the permissions are OK. Do you have any idea of what causing this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with the amount of information currently available.  Typically you will want to review the PDApp.log file if you are not able to initialize the installer.  Can you please run the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package for support option.  Please then respond to this thread with your token number.  Myself or another Adobe employee can then review your installation logs in it's entirety.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I managed to do it right, the token number should be 00-95634-165614082012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly , we have just the PDApp.log file in the Token , no install logs

Navigate to the log files in at 

• Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

The log filename includes the product name and install date, followed by ".log.gz." The extension .gz indicates a compressed format.

You can put it on the pastebin.com and share the link here.

BTW , as per the discussion and Install log snap shot , please try the below steps and check :-

Please Run following commands on "Terminal" on the machine (this will remove the corrupt fonts and should allow you to run the installer successfully) -

sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" /tmp/

sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" /tmp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I tried installing Photoshop CS6 once again but the folder /Library/Logs/Adobe/ remains empty (there is no "Installers" folder). Are the log files hidden ?

I also tried to run the operations above on the terminal but I get the following message :

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" /tmp/

Password:

mv: rename /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf to /tmp/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf: Operation not permitted

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" /tmp/

mv: rename /Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv to /tmp/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv: Operation not permitted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake for missing this , "mv" command can be used to move or rename the file however I wanted to move the file to the temp folder and not rename it but took it for rename becuase of the syntax of the command.

Please retry the below command one more time :-

sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" "/tmp/abc"

sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" "/tmp/abc"

Secondly , Please run the Adobe cleaner tool and then login with the root user account and then try to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm still getting the error message (even when logged with the root account) :

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf" "/tmp/abc"

Password:

mv: rename /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf to /tmp/abc: Operation not permitted

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv" "/tmp/abc"

mv: rename /Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv to /tmp/abc: Operation not permitted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the same command without inverted comma.

Also , Please run the Adobe cleaner tool and then login with the root user account and then try to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it means that it worked ?

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SavedFonts/current/ACaslonPro-Bold.otf /tmp/abc

usage: mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source target

mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source ... directory

Mac:~ XX$ sudo mv /Library/Application Support/Adobe/HelpCfg/de_DE/goURL_lr_photoshop_de.csv /tmp/abc

usage: mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source target

mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source ... directory

If it does, I'll run the Adobe cleaner and then login with the root account to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I did everything you said (ran the Adobe Cleaner and then login with root account to install) but I still get the same error message at the end :

- 0 fatal error(s), 12 error(s), 6 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {EB2A8CD4-B247-4810-A294-E3DB8EDC6060} Adobe CSXS Extensions CS6 3.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Exception caught in Custom Action for payload {EB2A8CD4-B247-4810-A294-E3DB8EDC6060}

----------- Payload: {36682D68-3834-487E-BA49-DFA4AB0A2E32} Adobe CSXS Infrastructure CS6 3.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Exception caught in Custom Action for payload {36682D68-3834-487E-BA49-DFA4AB0A2E32}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines