Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How come this could ever happen?

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible.jpg

I thought that this was not possible, but it obviously is possible. Clicking on this persons "avatar" or screen name takes me to the Site Area Temporarily Unavailable notice,

http://www.adobe.com/special/message.html

In my opinion, email addresses and URLs should not be accepted as screen names and/or avatars. If they are, I would suggest making them automatically rejected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask John C to tackle this when he returns from vacation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Terri. It's comforting to know that there is someone who is at least paying attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very interesting thread, given you folks have had a member here since June 1st, 2009 that is now using a domain name as a User ID.  I write "now" because I have no idea if the member changed (or could do so) the User ID after having gone through the registration process.

http://forums.adobe.com/people/mytaxsite.co.uk

There are a lot of people that spend a lot of time trying to educate website administrators how to recognize and curb spamming on their sites and I stumble onto it happening right here on a company's site I would have assumed was well aware of the extensive efforts to control spamming.  It's a difficult uphill battle. 

Has this company given up?  Give in to one spammer and there's no way to stop the others.  What a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this talk makes me want to spam the forum myself. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen names, or display names, are created in the Adobe.com profile, and there seem to be no restrictions over there.

A slash in the display name will break various things here on the forum side, but it seems that there is nothing John C. can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, more than two months later, it would seem that there is nobody that can do anything about this. I am beginnig to think that there is nobody in charge of these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines