Using Adobe Illustrator 10 for Windows 98 (no kidding).
I'm designing a spot logo for a Charity.
What I want to do is:
1. Create a black circle (not filled, just the outline)
2. Have a word on top (in this case, International) follow the path of the curve.
3. Have the words "Awareness Fund" on the bottom, right-side up
Here is the issue:
1. I can make the path for the circle but I cannot make it any given color, it just disappears when I click off of it. How do I do this?
2. I can get the word on the top to follow the curve, but I cannot break out of it.. I don't know the term. I cannot get the text tool to 'let go' of the previous word and start new ones.
3. When I try to put the words "Awareness Fund" on the bottom not only do I have the problem that it is still attached to the first word on top but the letters are upside down.. how do I convert them to be right-side up?
Many Thanks in Advance
Presuming you are creating a circle, then using the Path Type Tool to make the top text, and wishing to have a bottom text as well as getting some colour back into the circle, you may:
1) Select the whole thing and Object>Transform>Rotate by 180 degrees,
2) Drag the wrong bottom text across the circle so it flips inside the circle but is upwards, then use Character>Baseline Shift to get it under the circle if desired,
3) Direct Select the (copy) circle and give it the desired Stroke colour.
Text paths loose their color and you have to reassign it. Select the path by clicking it with the white arrow and assign a color. You may need to use the outline view to see the path.
For the text you have to make a copy of the text path and then change the word and orientation. You can't have different orientations on the same path.
edit: haha three people replying at the same time
You can do it in a number of ways.
One of them is to:
1) Create the circle and cut it at the sides, and reflect the bottom half,
2) Use the Path Type Tool on each half, and use the Baseline Shift to drag the bottom text down if desired.
The reflecting makes the bottom type upright from the start.
Edit: Hi Monika and Emil.
Europe, Middle East and Africa