• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to download flash player, it tells me a new version is already loaded. It is not.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download flash player to my computer, it tells me a new version already exists.  However, it does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition? Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit operating system)

What is your web browser? Internet Explorer 9 (9.0.8112.16421)

I never had a problem using Flash Player with my homepage of Xfinity (Comcast) until Google Chrome showed up.  I want to use Xfinity-Comcast as my default since that is where my email account resides and where I am most familiar.  I have tried to delete Google Chrome but that doesn't help.  Still keep getting the message that a new version of flash player is already loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html then install Flash Player again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall flash player from Google Chrome since that is where it was installed and it did uninstall.  Then tried installing flash player in Xfinity Comcast which said it was a successful install.   I shut down computer and restarted.  Then from Xfinity, I tried to open a video segment and getting the message that it was already installed.

I have tried deleting Google Chrome but it keeps coming back to haunt me.  Had no problems with flash player until that showed up. 

I'm so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time I was successful uninstalling flash player on Google Chrome.  Then I deleted Google Chrome. 

Went back to xfinity by Comcast and loaded flash player successfully.

However, I still can't run video clips from xfinity home page.  Keeps prompting me to load a more current version of flash player .  I do that and looks like the load was successful but still can't view videos.

Any other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is really strange is that flash player is showing on my computer files.  However, when I used your link below to find my version of flash player  in IE (Xfinity-Comcast), the box is blank indicating that it is not loaded.

Yet I can find it loaded when I go into my control panel.  It is Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X.  Somehow there is a disconnect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good News!

I finally got flash player to work with my xfinity home page.

Made a few 'add-on' changes and it worked.  However, it was painful trying to figure it out.

Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines