Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Builder site plan?

Aug 14, 2012 11:00 AM

I need to design a community site plan for one of my clients. I usually outsource this kind of stuff, but I'm doing it so often I was thinking about keeping the work in-house. Where can I get pre-drawn site plan elements, like trees, water features, etc., or is another application better suited for this type of stuff?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to kcrossley

There is Draftsight which is free and the architectural plug ins from Hotdoor and you can use Illustrator and you can get free archutecture features on the web like  from here

You could do it Illustrator and you can get some archectural art from sites around the web this one is free aand in the dwg format

and opens pretty easily in Illustrator you will have to scale it though

http://www.draftsperson.net/index.php?title=Draftsperson.net:Free_Auto CAD_Blocks

There are more expensive CAD programs as well like Vectorworks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to kcrossley

Don't kick against the thorns. You'd be better off with a vector drawing program that incudes basic dimension tools, callout tools, and lets you draw to a user-defined ruler scale. I'd use either CorelDRAW or ACD Canvas.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to JETalmage

I believe in both those cases you are talking about the Windows platform, just in case you use a Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to JETalmage

I believe in both those cases you are talking about the Windows platform, just in case you use a Mac.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points