Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bugs With Flash Player in Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two major issues with Flash Player in Chrome:

1) You often end up with multiple Flash Players enabled in chrome://plugins which can conflict.  By disabling all but one of them, many problems go away (see this link for more details: http://www.lockergnome.com/media/2012/01/20/how-to-fix-shockwave-flash-crashes-in-google-chrome/).

2) When PepperFlash version 11.3.31.222 was released (around July 31, 2012) ip-multicast abilities stopped working and HDS video plays audio with black video.  All of this worked fine in earlier versions of Flash Players in Chrome (assuming you took care of 1 above).

Sincerely,

Greg Pulier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the post, gpulier.

I would just like to say i've found, "You often end up with multiple Flash Players enabled in chrome://plugins which can conflict" very true.

A lot of 'page(s) unresponsive'... The crash on websites i've found today - also on prior occasions - signalled a new Shockwave Flash Plugin, (ver: 11.3.31.225) had been automatically updated and dually enabled with my prefered older one.

Well, it's been updated, so i did enabled the new 11.3.31.225 on its own to test out - I do hope it's one that is stable! - but on Chrome you have to check 'chrome://plugins' quite frequently of late...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's fine if you have multiple copies enabled in chrome, this is the default for all installs.  From what I can tell, Chrome uses the top one and ignores the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I also thought that was the case but after very systematic tests on over 5 different computers I can conclude with a high degree of certainty that having multiple Flash Plugins enabled results in many issues (some of which I mentioned in my first post).  So maybe it is a Chrome bug that is not completely ignoring the rest.

-Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project where Stage3D comes into play and after reading, that some problems with the flash player in Google Chrome exist, I gave it a try and updated Chrome. Wow, after the update has finished I noticed a dramatic decrease in performance!

Here are my findings:

Having all player-versions marked as aktiv in chrome://plugins

Versions:

Chrome is using 11.3.31.230

I see in the Away3D stats that software rendering is used. Performance is terrible! 8-10 Frames

Deactivating 11.3.31.230

Chrome is using 11,3,300,271

I see in the Away3D stats that hardware acceleration is used (DirectX9). Performance is great! 58-60 Frames

Deaktivating 11,3,300,271

Chrome uses 11,4,402,265

As with 11,3,300,271 great performance.

I fear not a lot of people are changing manually their used flash plugin in Chrome and they will blame Flash for melting down their computers.

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wolfgang,

I'll follow up with your report with our internal Chrome team.  In the meantime, would you mind opening a new bug report on this over at the Chromium bug database?

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This slowdown might be related to this existing Chromium bug: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=142507

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I've opened a new bug:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=144583

kind regards

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all!

I've just now tested on both Windows and Linux Chrome version 22.0.1229.79

this flash :

http://bit.ly/QWWQXd

after a while (about 2 minutes) the following error message will appear:

Shockwave Flash has crashed...

No other browser and platfrom configuration can reproduce this crash, with this flash animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines