Skip navigation
Richbilt
Currently Being Moderated

Help Needed with Juddering Title Crawl on Premiere CS5

Aug 14, 2012 7:30 AM

Tags: #premiere #title #crawl #judder

I have created a title crawling from off screen right across the screen to disappear off screen to the left (to look like a sublitle). I've rendered it too (selected title in the timeline and pressed enter). But when I export it, it moves across the screen but is really juddery to the point it's almost unreadable. I've tried exporting it in a huge variety of formats and resolutions - and i've even tried exporting it using another computer - but they're all the same. It's really doing my nut!!!

I'm running version 5.0.3. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to Richbilt

How did you create the Crawl?

There is a Preset in the Titler for either a Crawl, or Roll, but one can also Keyframe the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position to do the same thing, and with more control.

In that Keyframe method, one can set the Interpolation of the Keyframes, and adjust the Velocity, as desired.

With either method, one would want to Render the Timeline for best playback, though that should NOT affect the Exported file.

Let us know a bit more, please.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to Richbilt

This would be a good place to get started: http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/keyframing-made-simple

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Richbilt

The Frame Rate, in your Sequence, should match that of your Video Footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to Richbilt

Question - any idea why premiere appears to be reporting the wrong frame rate?

That is assuming Windows Explorer reports correctly on the properties, which is doubtful. Use MediaInfo to determine the codec and properties of your clips.

Question - any idea what output settings i should use to try and match the crawl with the output?

That depends on the output requirements. For DVD they are different than web and different for BR.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to Richbilt

Does the crawl look better slower?

With fast crawls on 100hz tvs it often looks like there are two titles following each other, this is because each frame is shown more than once and the eye/brain thinks there are two titles. The same happens with film being projected with a split shutter.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points