• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Boxes v6

Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a terrible time trying to increase the default amount of 15 characters for the text entry boxes in my project. I would like learners to enter their learning objective into the TEB and  then using a variable show these on the next slide.

When I am in properties and general I select the variable but I cannot see anywhere a field for maximum length which I've been advised previously - I am sure I am being very stupid with this but i just cant see it! - please can anyone help??

Fingers crossed!

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Hi there

Methinks you are confusing the Text Entry Box attributes with the attributes of using a variable in a caption. The 15 characters is usually the default setting used for the *VARIABLE* in the Text Caption. It has nothing to do with the Text Entry Box. There is no way to even configure that as far as I know.

So look at the properties of the Text Caption.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Methinks you are confusing the Text Entry Box attributes with the attributes of using a variable in a caption. The 15 characters is usually the default setting used for the *VARIABLE* in the Text Caption. It has nothing to do with the Text Entry Box. There is no way to even configure that as far as I know.

So look at the properties of the Text Caption.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I have had headaches over this for the past week! Thank you for helping me - very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources