Skip navigation

Most Creative Suite CS6 Apps crash upon launch with Mountain Lion

Jul 27, 2012 8:19 PM

Latest reply: SercoTec, Feb 28, 2013 12:55 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 14, 2012 5:30 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

I agree that it's the OS update that stuffed it all up. However, I don't think we're the only ones having this issue and I'm a bit astonished we haven't heard a peep from Adobe, considering a large community of creatives would be working on OSX.

I recently bought a MBP Retina and am too reluctant to spend another day reinstalling everything, but probably will bite the bullet soon.

As a temporary fix however I found that deleting any recent preferences before I open my CS6 programs will let them run (sort by date, delete today's and yesterday's changed prefs).

I particularly noticed that after I launched VMWare fusion all CS6 apps will crash.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 5:34 PM   in reply to dluzader

What's the moral of this story?  Don't upgrde your OS until you know if the programs you're currently running will work with it.  It took about 6 months for CS5 to work properly on Lion and I can only assume this will continue with every OS X update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to Abbazaba035

To be honest I was unaware of the CS5 issues with Lion, only recently switched to Mac. However when I researched the upgrade to ML, I found plenty of Adobe blog posts and articles saying that there are no known issues and that it's all good.

If only I had known then what I know now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to dluzader

Adobe had me do several things (complete re-install, mod the preferences, etc.) to my brand new 27" Imac, with Mountain Lion.

CS4 worked perfectly until i installed CS6. Sad to say i have been having some issue on the new user account as well.

As quoted by Team Adobe India,

"We wanted to inform you that, if the application is working on one user account and causing issue on another, then there is very little that can be done to resolve it. All the steps have already been performed from our side.

Please contact Apple, provide them with all the information and check with them if they can help you with troubleshooting the issue which is only on a specific user account."

CS4 worked fine on Mountain Lion.

CS6 is very unstable.

+1 point for Apple, and to the dungeons for Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Bob,

Sorry for posting this in two places, but I feel this is really important. I trust and believe that your advice is given in good faith and good will. However, I find the exasperation and curtness rather uncalled for. These forums have now made it very clear that even clean re-installs are not helping many of us. Also, the idea that such a process "Shouldn't take more than a few hours", seems to assume that the process only involves the OS and Creative suite. It is typically at least a two to three day process for me to get everything restored and set back up, and even then I find items missing that need to be fixed or restored for weeks. So it's really not a simple thing to do. There is just too much involved. Additionally, while I am thrilled that not everyone is experiencing these issues, I find it more than slightly unjust to assume that those of us that are have not done everything in our power to resolve them. As you can see from these forums, many of us have gone through the clean-install process, and more, still to no avail. As the ability to discern low level programmatic conflicts is not something readliy available or possible for most people, I'm afraid this task must fall to the program creators. And, while I am not so naive as to assume this is a one sided problem between adobe and apple, it seems more likely to be fixed by a CS update than and OS update. Thank you again for your reply. Here's hoping for a quick resolution to this issue that is hindering so many of us in our work.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to rossbb

Copy and pasted from your other thread:

I answer a lot of questions here and while I come off a bit short I can assure you that I do care about people's problems.

The fact is it's a bit exasperating to see people complaining about problems when they took a perfectly good machine and did an operating system upgrade the first day it was released breaking rule number one: if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I am truly sorry that you are having problem but I don't see anyone else offering anything better than a clean install. I hope someone else comes along with some miraculous cure to this but I just don't have anything else to offer.

Should you find something on any other site, I'm sure other users would appreciate the information.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 3:17 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Having waited three weeks for my promised 48hr call-back I have now given up.  Not withstanding Bob's support for which I am grateful, everything else from Adobe on this subject has been appalling.  Yes it is an Apple upgrade but somewhere along the line Adobe have dropped the ball big time here - either in failing to get their software right or failing to deal withthe issues as they arise.  I have MS Office on my machine and even Microsoft have managed to get this one to work!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 2:34 AM   in reply to Edward Shephard

Hi all, by way of update.  I installed all updates, Mac OSX 10.8.1 and all Adobe CS6 updates and now the crashing problem is not occurring for me.  Dreamweaver and Fireworks seem to be opening without any problems and even after several days of use, the problem has not come back.  I hope this helps everyone else too.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 1:01 AM   in reply to Karl_EU

Hi all,

I have a new MB Pro - Lion 10.8, only a few weeks old. When I install DW CS6 and try open it I get a message telling me that PowerPC components are no longer supported: "  You can’t open the application “Adobe Dreamweaver CS6” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. "

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 12:55 AM   in reply to dluzader

Found the solution !!

Sometimes you need to look somewhere else for the solution so I googled the error line and it came out other osx users are suffering from crashes in other apps or games etc. So i found out its about SIMBL...    

In library >Application Support > SIMBL

Just rename it to something else and programs works!!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points