Skip navigation
maarefin
Currently Being Moderated

An ">" symbol at the top of each JavaHelp page?

May 23, 2012 3:20 PM

Tags: #> #javahelp

Hello all,

I have generated JavaHelp off an imported Word 2007 document on a Windows 7 box.  Interestingly, an unsightly ">" (the greater than sign) is appearing at beginning of each help page when ported to my Fedora 13/Linux box.  The preview of the JavaHelp on the Windows 7 machine (where I generated the JavaHelp) does not show this ">" at the top of each help page.

Any idea why the unexpected ">" is showing up at the top of each help page on Fedora/Linux box?

Thanks.

- Arefin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to maarefin

Look at the fields in the SSL dialogs. There is an option to select different encoding. Maybe that will help?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to maarefin

I had a similar issue where the ">" sign was showing up at the beginning of each page in JavaHelp.  The fix was to delete everything out of the directory I was compiling to (or compile the jar file to a new, empty folder). 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 11:41 AM   in reply to maarefin

Are you using the same version of Java and JavaHelp on the Linux box that you are on the Windows box?  I still haven't figured out how to determine which version RoboHelp uses.  These are the steps I took to solve it:

1. Installed Java version 6 (latest version)

2. Installed JavaHelp 2.0

3. Reinstalled RoboHelp so upon generating JavaHelp it would prompt me to point to the Java and JavaHelp versions I wanted to use for the compile.

4. Compiled to a new/clean folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to maarefin

I'm also using version 9.  I didn't have to set the JAVA_HOME variable.  After I reinstalled RoboHelp and compiled my JavaHelp project for the very first time, it asked me where my Java and JavaHelp were installed (in two separate prompts after I clicked Save and Generate).  After that, the > at the top of each file went away.  However, when I did a search, it was still displaying the title of each of my search results as:

10 > >

5 > >

2 > >

When I compiled to a clean directory, this was fixed and again displayed the actual page title instead of the > symbol. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points