Exit

Adobe Flash Player starts deleting itself

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Recently I have encountered the following problem:

All of a sudden a program called ThreatFire (I believe it is some kind of anti-spyware and -malware program) tells me that Adobe Flash Player is deleting itself. I then chose the option of blocking this action, which led to that Flash Player is now not working. I guess I could unblock it again and then make it work, or just reinstall Flash Player, something which I have done and then it started all this deleting itself buisness...

So I would like to get to the root of this problem? So what do you think could be causing this?

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and my default browser is Comodo Dragon.

So is there anymore you will have to know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not know ThreatFire, nor have I ever heard of Flash Player deleting itself.  Even if it did, why should an anti-virus software be concerned about it?

Anyway, check what files you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I kind of lost my other account (lolller3).

So the same person just a different user.

Ok I have attached to screen pictures of the system32 and syswow64 respectively.

System32.jpg

sysWOW64.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like everything is there; can you post a screenshot of that threatfire pop-up when it appears again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well now it happened again, here is the pop-up:

flash problemer.jpg

So what do you suggest I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FlashPlayerInstaller.exe file is expected to delete itself.  However, I'd like to get a bit more information from you if you don't mind.  Can you tell us what your system's temp path is?  You should be able to do this using the following steps:

1. Open a command prompt (type cmd.exe in the start menu)

2. type "set temp" and let us know what is returned

Next, if you navigate to the file in questions "C:\windows\syswow64\flashplayerinstaller.exe", right click it, select properties, then the details tab, what version is displayed?

Finally, when you last installed Flash Player, what installer did you use (stand alone, web installer, msi, etc)?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Help me I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue and  don't know what to do. Good thing is that Chrome has Flash built-in. I have downloaded Flash uninstaller, delete all files, restart PC, install new Flash but Threat Fire warns me again about Flash self destruct Even though Flash works just fine until the next time I turn on my PC just to find out that it's gone again!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines