• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects cannot load required font!

May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing some new fonts I get the error message "After Effects cannot load required font for the AE interface.  Please replace the font or reinstall AE."  How can I fix this?  Do I really have to reinstall AE?  Someone please tell me that there is an easier way to fix this .

Thanks.

Pedro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

This bug is fixed in the After Effects CC (12.1) update:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

Let us know how this works for when you've tried with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please tell me that there is an easier way to fix this .

There is - get rid of your new fonts. One of them is crap and throwing AE off track.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I did that but I'm still getting the message  'AE Unable to load Verdana Italic' and then "After Effects cannot load required font for the AE interface.  Please replace the font or reinstall AE."  Any other suggestions?  The fonts that I originally installed were Adobe fonts which were legally purchased.

Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the version of verdana font it should be 5.02 or above for AE i am working with 5.05 and it is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue. has anyone resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reinstall of AE was the only thing that worked for me.

Peter Robertson

Department of Communications and Public Affairs

Yeshiva University

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.

I checked Suitcase Fusion 3, and Verdana had been disabled. I turned it back on and AE opened fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alexcutter66, this solved my problem as well. Easy solution to try first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair permissions (through Disk Utility) or reactivate your font manager or both.  Suitcase Fusion often fails to load during start up, so you may have to relaunch through System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had this issue. I uninstalled AE CS6, reinstalled and it worked, for that launch. The next time it asked the same thing. Not willing to uninstalll and reinstall each time I want to use AE. I figured it was a font management issue. I use Suitcase Fusion. Suitcase is not launching the needed font, so I copied a vervion of the font (in my case; Varenda) to my ~/System/Library/Fonts. All is well once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I just ran into this issue today, and I think it had to do with an installation of Powerpoint 2011 for Mac. Assuming you're on a Mac, go to Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts Disabled. In my case, all versions of Verdana had been moved here for some reason. Copy those fonts back to the Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts folder and relaunch After Effects. Worked for me, hope it does for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the same issue in my case as well. Your solution solved my After Effects problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you for sharing this solution. It instantly worked for me, as well. I, too, have Microsoft Office installed, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything it took for me to solve the problem was to download the "Verdana" typeface, put it inside /Library/Fonts and After Effects CS6 started up fine!

But it's awkward really that one has to download a Microsoft font to run After Effects CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's. This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem on my mac !!!.

The reason of the bug for me was to delete microsft office and then install Iwork so then when i tried to lunch AE the verdana missing font message appears.

Office has 4 verdana fonts: regular, bold, italic and bold italic you have to get installed again That works form me.

sorry for my bad English but Iam from Peru and i speak spanish ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem on a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. In Mountain Lion you need to open Font Book and look for the Verdana Font. In my case it was turned off. I clicked it and enabled it and that solved my problem. I had alread checked the library/fonts folder and confirmed that the four verdana family font files were indeed installed. Thanks for the suggestions here to look at the font library as the source of the problem rather than AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case copying the font (which was already enabled via suitcase) from /Library/Fonts to the Users/Username-here/Library/Fonts solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is fixed in the After Effects CC (12.1) update:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

Let us know how this works for when you've tried with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I went into Library\Deactivated(disabled) Fonts and moved the deactivated fonts to the Fonts folder and AE worked afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are seeing a variation of this problem with After Effects CS6 11.0.4

if you install Office 2011 *first*, the Verdana fonts get put into /Library/Fonts/Microsoft

But After Effects CS6 can not find them (they have to be put back into /Library/Fonts)

Are we fooling ourselves that there might be a fix for any CS6 applications at this point?   I'm surprised this bug wasn't squashed at some point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines