• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CS6 will not open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intalled PS CS6 yesterday only to find that Btidge does not open. I've searched for answers since then and have yet to find any. I've reinstalled it just to see if that would make a difference, but it hasn't. I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit. Photoshop runs great, the only problem is with Bridge, and apparently I can't get any help from Adobe until tomorrow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Thanks mjw5997 for sending me the dmp file! We have checked it and found that this is a Brige code bug.

This launch issue happens when installing Bridge CS6 on a machine with Bridge CS2 installed.

We can fix it, but I am not sure when the fix can be released. Currently, we have a workaround: create an empty folder in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\.

Thanks all for the information!

Best Regards,

Chun Xia

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAve you reset the preferences?  Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window with 3 options.  Say yes to all 3.

A reinstall will not affect this file.

Also, try launching Bridge from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I've tried that. That seems to be the only solution I've found online, but nothing opens. I hold ctrl+click on Bridge 64bit in the start menu, then the hour glass appears for a couple of seconds, but nothing else happens.

Starting Bridge from Photoshop doesn't seem to work either. I get the hour glass then nothing... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canadianego wrote:

Thanks but I've tried that. That seems to be the only solution I've found online, but nothing opens. I hold ctrl+click on Bridge 64bit in the start menu, then the hour glass appears for a couple of seconds, but nothing else happens.

Starting Bridge from Photoshop doesn't seem to work either. I get the hour glass then nothing... 😕

If you tried the shortcut icon on desktop try the Bridge.exe in Programs.  Try both 32 bit and 64 bit programs.

Did you get this from Adobe?

If reset program does not work you are either doing it wrong or something wrong with program.  THe reset window should pop up in a few seconds.  You said you pressed and held the Crtl key so sounds like you are doing it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Mac user sounds like he has same issue.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1028201?tstart=0

He did not respond if he got it fixed.  Did you use default locations in Photoshop setup?

You said you reinstalled Bridge, I hope that means you uninstalled CS6 (PS and Bridge) and reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually haven't made any desktop shortcuts, I'm using it from the windows start button & I've tried both programs.
Downloaded directly from Adobe's site.
As far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm starting to think it's the program itself to be honest.
Thanks

Also, I noticed when trying to use that Ctrl technique, that in the program location, to the top left where it says open, there's that icon beside it... Does that mean anything?
<picture> http://imageshack.us/f/831/brokenbridge.gif/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, played around with my copy a little.  If I go to Programs - - - - - Bridge.exe and hold ctrl and double click nothing happens.  Seems like I have to click it 3 times.  Make sure you minimize all windows as reset window may appear behind all of them.

I have a short cut Bridge icon on desktop with similar 3 click needs.  I also have the Bridge icon pinned to task bar.  There it only takes one click.

So bottom line you have to see the cursor go into a spinning blue circle for the command to take.

Did you note that the guy with the Mac got his to finally reset preferences and now it works.  Hope you have same success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triple clicking doesn't seem like it's working either... I get the same hour glass for a couple seconds 😕
Does it matter which Bridge I click? Because I have one in Program Files ----- as well as Program Files (x86)    ?Am I supposed to have two...?

Oooh, maybe there is some hope for me if Mr. Mac finally found success. Did he do anything else either than waiting...?

Thanks for the effort by the way (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you kindly enlighten me as to what on Earth that "Bridgeproxy.exe" file is on your screenshot?

Also, next time please use the camera icon in the Reply Editor Bar of the forum to embed an image in your posts.  That gosh darned "ImageShack" web site where you uploaded your nearly illegible screen shot just tried to install malware on my Mac.       

Adobe_forums_cameraicon.jpg

brokenbridge.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I really don't know? I'm not the most computer savvy person, so any files in it are jargon to me...

Sorry about that, new to this forum 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check this link out:

http://www.pcerrorfixtip.com/bridgeproxy.exe-415799.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not receiving any errors with it, so I don't believe it's effecting the situation? Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I've only used Bridge for Mac, and I have never seen anything resembling that "bridgeproxy" file with or without extensions.  Googling brought up many hits mentioning the fact that the file is unsigned, that it is susceptible to malware attacks and giving sundry instructions on how to test it for infections and how to disable it.  I don't know...

I would have freaked out if I had found it on my system.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yeah, when you sent me that link, my heart skipped a beat, and not in the good way xD I'm intrigued to know what the problem is, but it's unfortunate nobody in the Adobe chat could help me today 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a check and Bridge CS5 also has bridgeproxy.  So nothing new, would not worry about it.  Even though it says it is an application with an .exe extension I can not open it.  It does nothing, cursor turns active for fraction of second and nothing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does about the same for me...
I'm going to check in on that Adobe chat to se if anyone can help now! *crosses fingers*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope the works out.  They will probably start out with uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Let us know if they come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... Just some links to about every place I've been. Since I'm running the trial version as I always seem to find problems with Photoshop and don't want to waste the money to fix more problems, they won't help me :l Losing hope in Adobe to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you have trial version you can't reinstall as you are allowed only one trial.

If you have tried all the multiple ways I have suggested to reset the preferences and none worked you are down to manually deleting the preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've already reinstalled, so I don't know about that...?

I've heard about manually deleting them. Would you mind telling me where the file(s) is/are located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying to do it, but I've had several problems this week after installing CS6 on top of CS5. All problems have been with Bridge. Photoshop works fine. In the end I uninstalled CS5, but I was still getting Bridge problems. I have just deleted all CS5 files that were left on my system (the uninstall had not wiped them all for some reason) and it now seems to be working OK. I had to view system files in Windows Explorer in order to see all the program files to delete.

It should be safe to delete previous version files if you don't want to use the version again. But I could be wrong on that, although it seems to have worked for me. I'd check with Adobe about doing this - or you could backup the previous version folders to an external drive if you are worried about deleting them and are then unable to restore them, if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that because I do have a copy of CS2 that refuses to delete, but I'm downloading a program that should fix that issue. If it works I'll tell yeah (:
Thanks for the thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted CS2 but Bridge still isn't starting... Thanks for the idea though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Canadianego - did you find a solution to this?  Because I'm having the identical problem as you.  I've tried the ctrl +click idea, both in the start menu and the shortcut - also on both versions (the 64bit and the 32bit) and have had no success.  I simply cannot open Bridge in any way shape or form!!! So if you found a workaround I'd be really grateful to know what it is .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, no 😕 I gave up on the program because of all the problems and the lack of support from the actual creators... I appreciated all the advice from everyone else, but when it came to the company stepping up, I was let down. After everything I tried, including all of the advice in the topic, I uninstalled the program and moved on to Adobe(sadly) Lightroom 4. It satisfied all of my photo editing needs so I figured I'd forget about Bridge and all it entailed and stuck with a program that worked 100%.

Sorry I couldn't be of help. I just had lost hope of ever figuring out what went so wrong with the program. Best of luck if you continue using it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines