Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Zoom Display Anomoly

Aug 15, 2012 9:45 PM

Tags: #problem #cs6 #zoom #fabric

Working on an image this evening and needed to do some pixel level editing, and noticed two issues, they may be just on my system, but if someone else would check them out.

First, going to the navigator panel and select the zoom percentage, then using the up arrow to increase the zoom factor - the percentage value increases but the zoom does not work - for example my image is zoomed to 100% in the edit window, highlight the percentage zoom, increase the zoom amount using the up arrow to say 170% - but the image stays at 100%

Second, once you zoom to say 500% instead of seeing a highly pixelated image I see the suit material - like we saw before but cannot remember the bug that was being discussed. This maybe a driver issue - but just upgraded to the latest driver for the Intel 40000. Update at a zoom factor of 495% I see a pixelated image - at 520% and greater I see the suit fabric - yes sometimes for portrait retouching I do work at 500% ort higher

Here is the fabric at 520% zoom factor

Suit.JPG

Running CS6 with all the latest patches applied with Windows 7 x64

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

For the navigator, does it work if you push the enter key after you use the arrow keys?

Also with the navigator you can highlight the zoom value use the arrow keys and before you press enter hold the shift key so the values stay highlighted.

Then you can enter another value without having to highlight the zoom percent.

The second one it looks like your seeing the pixel grid: View>Show>Pixel Grid

Or it might be the regular grid: View>Show>Grid

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2012 10:16 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Instead of the navigator have you tried the scrubby zoom that is in Move Tool options on the tool options bar?

Or the Animated Zoom under Edit>Preferences>General?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points