Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
arad858
Currently Being Moderated

When will ACR support the newer Pansonic cameras (G5/LX7/FZ200)

Aug 15, 2012 5:07 PM

Hi,

Any idea of how long we are likely to have to wait for an update to ACR for these cameras? Even beta quality would be good

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2012 6:37 PM   in reply to arad858

Considering the track record of 3-5 ACR/LR upgrades/year, what's your guess?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to arad858

arad858 wrote:

…I can only ask the question.

…and you got the best possible answer from an impeccable, authoritative source. 

Adobe doesn't comment on unreleased software.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to arad858

As an owner of one of the new G5s, I too am anxiously awaiting RAW support in LR and ACR.  Having to use SilkyPix is an exercise in frustration.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to michaeln2

It's easy to understand that SilkyPix can be frustrating.  A little harder to comprehend is why folks go out and buy a camera without first checking that it's already supported by their software of choice.  Be patient.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 5:44 PM   in reply to arad858

arad858 wrote:

I'm after a little more info than an educated guess which I've already made myself...

I can only ask the question.

And it's a question that anybody who knows can't answer...those that know can't say, those that say don't know.

Adobe does NOT offer any advance public warning of updates or betas...they just don't.

And people who work with Adobe doing testing are under NDAs that preclude them from commenting, so the question you asked can't be answered.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to arad858

Actually, I have heard from someone who is in a position to know what's going on that "you won't have to wait long".  I won't say who, or what company he works for, or what projects he works on. ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to arad858

No, I asked only about the G5.  I would strongly suspect the GH3 would not be included in the next update though, since it has not even been announced by Panasonic yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 6:18 AM   in reply to arad858

Since the ACR Engineer said the wait would not be long for a couple newish cameras, I’d guess ACR and LR will be out in a few days which is before the GH3 would be available to Adobe to profile and test.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points