werzaque
Currently Being Moderated

Error creating SWF movie file

Jun 6, 2012 5:36 AM

Tags: #error #export #flash_cs5.5

Dear Forum,

Running CS5.5 and I'm having errors when I publish, debug, or preview:

Error creating SWF movie file.

Be sure the destination file is not read-only or opened by another application. Also, check that the file name is not too long.

This error pops up constantly, and occasionally does not pop up at all. I sometimes find myself hammering Alt+Shift+F12 for twenty times before I get "through". I've seen a number of past topics on this issue, but none of the solutions presented in there seemed permanent solutions. Does anyone have any idea? It's killing productivity, really.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 6, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to werzaque

A really annoying behavior of Flash CS5.5 and before is the last location you export a SWF to is the location a new document may try to publish to. Or if that path cannot be found it may reset to exporting the SWF to the same folder the FLA is in. REALLY annoying that each FLA does not remember publish paths properly.

I get this error when I do not go into publish settings, hit browse on the SWF output location and explicitly set it every time I open a FLA. Try hitting your publish settings and set the export location of the SWF. The error may go away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to werzaque

Disable that and also clear your ASO cache from the same menu you test your movie from. See if you're having a cache issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to werzaque

There's a lot embedded in flash that has to do with all sorts of network usage. That can easily scare an antivirus as "something that can transmit your data". Maybe try another AV software like AVG? Glad it worked and good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to werzaque

I'm having the same problem with Flash CS5.5, in Mac OS X, while I try to export a FLA into a MOV.
    "Error creating SWF file."
    "Destination directory does no exist. Change your publish settings"

I have no idea how to fix it... Bu I will try something because I've to finish my work...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to Abelmon Bastos

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 6:37 PM   in reply to werzaque

I have been banging my head on this same problem for days. Reading you post here about disabling NOD32 (yes, I am also using NOD32), I tried your suggestion, and ... it totally worked!! Thanks very much, I am very grateful.

Man it would be interesting to know why NOD32 cuases this to happen.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 6:15 AM   in reply to werzaque

Always suspect any software whos sole job is to intercept data to be a potential problem. That's why I ask about it first every time .

Just adding a couple keywords in the post so others having the same issue can find it on google.

Eset, NOD, NOD32, Norton, McAfee.. Hope it fixes someone elses issues.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points