Skip navigation
Isandunk
Currently Being Moderated

File type icons in CS6 Design and Web Premium

Aug 16, 2012 2:02 AM

Tags: #cs6 #creative_suite #windows_7_64_bit #file_icons

Hello everyone.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. I have recently upgraded from CS5.5 Design Premium to CS6 Design and Web Premium.

I the process, I lost the association of file types (such as .psd) with their relevant programs, which I have now recified.

However, the filetype icons that are associated with each program, in most cases, don't seem to have assigned themselves to their respecitive icons. For example, .psd files now show as a white document with the blue Ps square icon in the centre, and the same for InDesign etc. Oddly, Illustrator has worked and has assigned it's icons correctly.

For example:

LostFileIcons.jpg

I can't find a method of editing specific file types icons - even then, I wouldn't know where to find the particular icon sets.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance either way.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to Isandunk

Icons are stored in the program executables or associated DLLs. You can change them in your windows file associations by simply picking the change symbol button and pointing it to the *.exe files.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to Isandunk

Open a normal folder view (WExploer window) and then use Extras --> Folder Options --> File Types. Pick the file type, then use the edit button and then the change icon button on teh subsequent panel.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 9:43 PM   in reply to Isandunk

I used the CS Cleaner (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and followed the steps its really easy.. but ur gonna have to re install you Creative Suite   all u do for the cleaner is open it up then select english (e) ->enter->Agree (Y)->enter->All (1) (which is the first option for a full clean i guess)->enter->Product Number its just basically asking you to input your choice number again (1)->enter and should tell u its all done then after u install CS again go to start-> default programs->associate file type->.psd for example->double click it and select Photoshop even though its probably already selected >.< but just do it again cuz it will refresh all the files on the coputer and whala you should c the correct file dysplay Heres pictures of my files before and after as proof

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Isandunk

oh ok awesome. And thnx for the link to the types add on now i can customize my files if i need to haha

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points