Skip navigation
iKokomo55
Currently Being Moderated

Build Blu-ray Problem

Aug 16, 2012 7:38 AM

Tags: #error #premiere_cs5 #blu-ray #encode #build #building

In the build menu it says I have 18.15 GB Used (in blue on the graph) and 6.85 GB free and 0 bytes used for BD-ROM content. So I build to Blu-Ray and it gives the error not enough space on Blu-Ray, then I output to image, and the image size says its 26 GB (which won't fit on a BD single layer) not 18 like the Disc Info says.

Why is this?

I have last year's Macbook pro which is powerful enough to run this software as I have successfully done this before, running Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Encore 5.0.0.508

Thanks a lot

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to iKokomo55

The pre-build numbers are estimates. Some users "fix" this problem on particular projects by reducing the rate (a big problem if you're really squeezing footage on the disk) or otherwise reducing the estimate (e.g. reduce length of motion menus).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to iKokomo55

What are your transcode settings? Are the assets all "do not transcode" or "transcoded"?

The size that did not change: the built version or what the estimate says?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to iKokomo55

The default transcoding is what is applied to menus. When you look at the project panel, to the right of an asset you should see both a DVD and BD transcode settings. What do the BD transcode settings say?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to iKokomo55

Is the one that is not transcoded not in use in the project? Normally, when you build, they've all got to get transcoded.

And what are the transcode settings that were used to transcode the ones that are transcoded?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points