Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How To?  Button Opens PPT Presentation

Aug 9, 2012 8:46 AM

My version:  Captivate 5.0

What I wish to occur:  When a student clicks the 'Show Me' button, I want a PowerPoint to open in a NEW window in presentation mode.

My concerns/questions:  Is there an ability to add the PPT to the Captivate Module library I'm developing and direct the path/action to it?  I prefer not to store the PPT on a shared drive because I'm not sure it will work in many of the global locations we have if the students don't have access to that shared drive.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Chuck

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to Chuck Grubb

Hi Chuck,

As per your question, you can define it as a relative path and copy this PPT in your Published folder. You don't need anyone to access the shared drive. Here the screenshot and let me know if you have any question.

Untitled.jpg

As I mentioned after publihing the project, make sure you check the pubished folder if file is there well and good however if not please copy and paste the PPT in the same folder. Also as you can see, select the new window which will open the PPT in New window and will not effect your presentation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Priyank

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to Chuck Grubb

HI Chuck

I'm not sure you can blame Captivate. Likely it's a browser thing. Captivate can send a command to open a file, but it's my own understanding that exactly how that file is attempted to be opened is largely dependent on the browser and the way it handles working with certain file types.

For example, IE often presents a dialog asking if you want to run or save a file. And if you choose to run it, the application used depends on the file type configured. Firefox never even presents the dialog allowing you to run. Instead, it prompts where you want to save the file. I'm unsure how Google Chrome behaves.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to Chuck Grubb

Hi Chuck,

I apogize for the delayed response, do you have the PPS file in your root folder which you uploaded to LMS?

Priyank

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to Chuck Grubb

Hi,

Please check the screenshot.

PPTX.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...