Howdy. My issue:
I was using RoboHelp 8 at work to craft a web help document out of a Word file. We have a company CSS we apply to web help for look, feel, etc. It worked in RoboHelp 8, but not in 9 despite following the same Word Import procedure. Needed to upgrade to RH9 because RH8 was not recognizing our version of Word to compile and create the web help files.
How can I make my old style sheet work with RH9? Is there some step I'm missing? Help appreciated with 20.1 bazillion thank yous in advance.
First we need to know what type of string you are using and obtain an exact measurement.
I'm joking, of course, but the fact here is, we need more information. Things like:
You said "...despite following the same Word Import procedure.". What are the exact steps in said procedure, please?
Note that it's a simple process to ignore any style sheet during the Word import, then later import just the company CSS file and associate it with your topics. All of that can be done in perhaps 30 seconds or so.
Helpful and Handy Links
Have you applied all the patches of RoboHelp 9, Please apply both the patches avilable and then it should work properly.
in case of any issue still shown, please look at the style name in the CSS you are using and the HTML generated in the topic, in extream case you might have to update the style names in CSS with a prefix "WD_" and its should get applied prpperly after that change.
Hope this will help
Thanks both of you for the responses, and sorry it took me so long to come back.
Captiv8r: the CSS was actually imported before importing the Word file, via File > Project Settings > Import. I've also tried applying it to topics directly with no luck. The same CSS file still works in RoboHelp 8.
RoboAsh: I've updated to the latest version and tried again: no luck. I've also manually updated the style names in the CSS file with the prefix WD_ and that, too, didn't work.
Please advise, with even more thanks than the 20.1 bazillion from before.
I fixed the issue. I dug through the master page file I was using, and it was referring to the wrong CSS file. Why this worked in RH8 is beyond me, but it seems to be resolved.
Thanks everyone for the help!
Europe, Middle East and Africa