Skip navigation
s2000ap
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble with CSS Properties panel

Aug 16, 2012 1:15 AM

Tags: #fireworks

copying all from a button (example). Many properties such as gradient don't always seem to be shown in the properties and therefor not carried across to the external (DW) page?  What am I doing wrong? No problem modifying CSS but shouldn't it be there?

In fact if I don't put in a border to the button only the dimensions seem to be there?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to s2000ap

Not sure what might be going on there... What Fireworks version and what operating system are you using?

Also, does the same problem occur using a simple rectangle with a gradient fill?

Now that I think of it, some users have reported problems with panels not responding to changes on the canvas. If possible, try closing all applications, shutting down and restarting your computer, and then starting Fireworks... Now see if the problem has cleared up.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 11:14 PM   in reply to s2000ap

The .tif file format isn't generally recommended for web use; it's intended more for print. Historically, some browsers haven't supported the format, if I recall correctly, though many of them may do so now. (Just checked Firefox and Safari, and both seem to display the format just fine.)

It could be that Dreamweaver doesn't recognize the .tif format. (I'm a little lazy to test this theory at the moment, but it seems quite likely.) Here's one rather old thread on this topic: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/26977

Incidentally, this is straying from the topic of your original post and would have been better posted as a new discussion.

|
    Mark as:
  • mattdwm
    218 posts
    Sep 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to s2000ap

I had a problem recently with the css panel (Fireworks 12.0.0.236, Mac Lion). Created a rounded rectangle, with a gradient and drop shadow. The CSS panel ignores the drop shadow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points