• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 416 and im going insane

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried numerous time to get any of my creative cloud programs to install and it downloads fine and then throws a 416 error check with support when trying to install.

On the support page it suggest i look through the log file to see what went wrong but there isnt one at all. I have scanned the whole pc for any *.log.gz files and can only see the ones from a year ago when i installed cs5.

I have tried running as administrator, changing the path in adobe download manager, redownloading adobe download manager.

PC is running windows 7 (64bit).

I am hoping someone can help as this is sending me around the bend

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Error 416 may indicate that the Adobe Application Manager is having problems resolving the address of the server it is trying to download from.  Are you using OpenDNS or any type of software firewall or security software?

I would also recommend that you continue with reviewing your installation logs.  You can find directions on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update i can install any app that i don't previously have on the system. If i uninstall photoshop and then try to put cs6 on i get the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 416 may indicate that the Adobe Application Manager is having problems resolving the address of the server it is trying to download from.  Are you using OpenDNS or any type of software firewall or security software?

I would also recommend that you continue with reviewing your installation logs.  You can find directions on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The dns gave me an idea so connected the pc to our secondary internet connection and all went fine

Firewall must have blocked access to that one pc on the network as i could install onto another fine. Weird but insanity over thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines