Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Adobe updates via WSUS and ignore UAC restrictions

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My company has currently set new UAC security settings but we have an issue where we are not able to update Adobe products because UAC stops it, UAC also does not prompt for elevation it just out right blocks updates.

We really need a way to either allow the updater to run/install past the UAC restrictions OR find a way to distribute adobe updates via WSUS if it's possible

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one can help me on this issue? Is there really no way to contact Adobe directly with problems? I hate using this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you answer the following,

1. Are you able to install other WSUS updates (other than Adobe Acrobat and Reader) ?

2. Also can you share the CCM logs (UpdatesHandler.log) file at the clients machine ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean, I am able to install all updates from Microsoft through WSUS. I read something about being able to install an Adobe add-on or something like this to enable WSUS to download updates for Adobe and distribute them this way. This would save on network traffic and downloads, considering there are so many Adobe updates, it would be nicer to download them once and distribute. Otherwise how do big networks send out Adobe updates if they update it at all?

I am not sure where the updateshandler.log is stored as searching the entire drive did not display anything. Something that might help is that some PCs use Adobe acrobat 8 and some use acrobat 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked through the Enterprise Deployment Resources? (There's also an Enterprise Deployment Forum which might be a better match).

If that doesn't help, you wrote: "I read something about being able to install an Adobe add-on or something like this" - this is pretty vague, what did you read - what is the URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are able to install all updates from Microsoft from WSUS. What I wanted to know, if you could also install any Non Microsoft updates??

This information is required so as to ensure that your client is capable of installing any Non MS updates too. I have tried Acrobat and Reader 10.1.3 on my Win 7 clients with UAC On. And there does not seem to be any issue.

UpdatesHandler.log file can be found under, C:\Windows\<<System32 or SysWow64>>\CCM\logs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install all Microsoft updates from WSUS, I've read articles about being able to do it and ways to set it up, but I thought it would be best to come straight to the Adobe forum and get idea/answers from people that had experience doing this.

Disregard UAC for now, apparently our proxy was being worked on at the time I was having the update errors.

I just wanted to know if it was possible, if Adobe had an official extension for WSUS but seems like they do not from the replies I have received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with the available documentation:

• Admin guide: describes deployment methods
  • Pref ref: describes a subset f configurable options.
  • Updater guide: describes Updater/UAC behavior, but is this an issue if you install as an admin using one of the methods described in the admin guide?

http://www.adobe.com/go/acrobatitinfo

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at the same thing, distribute all Adobe updates with WSUS without using SCCM/SCUP (that's too expensive).

I did find Local Update Publisher for WSUS, maybe that is our solution?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/localupdatepubl/files/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd expect a corporate to have a support contract with Adobe. Check with your licensing people to see what you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, in our company, we're using Wsus Package Publisher (http://wsuspackagepublisher.codeplex.com/). This allow you to publish Non-Microsoft updates or applications to your Wsus server. It is compatible with Wsus 4.0 (Wsus on Server 2012).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines