Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Turn off Liquify Dialog?

Aug 16, 2012 7:39 PM

Tags: #xp #liquify #liquify_filter #nag_dialog #graphics_processor_acceleration

Hi All;

I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off the nag dialog that pops up every time I use CS6 Liquify on XP.

liquify7.jpg

I have to run CS6 on both my XP and W7 partitions - (some other apps I use are not W7 compatible, so having CS6 on XP sure saves a lot of dual booting).

Anywhoo, that dialog is hugely annoying.

I haven't gound a way in the prefs to stop it appearing - I wish there was a "Don't Show Again" checkbox on it at least.

Thanks.

QB.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 8:27 PM   in reply to Qbarrie

I think thats because on a machine such as windows 7 that can use the gpu for liquify, holding the Ctrl key while invoking the liquify filter from the menu turns off gpu acceration for liquify.

If you add another modifier key to your shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Q) then you shouldn't get that dialog.

Liquify does have a default keyboard shortcut of Shift+Ctrl+X using the default keyboard shortcuts.

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 9:08 PM   in reply to Qbarrie

I have correct my post, it's holding down the Alt key not Ctrl while invoking liquify from the menu that disables the gpu for liquify.

I don't know why xp shows that message when using your Ctrl+Q shortcut. I get the same dialog on xp but not windows 8 when using that shortcut.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to Qbarrie

Well i get a similar message on windows 8 if i turn off Use Graphics Processor in Preferences>Performance and using Ctrl+Q as the shortcut for liquify:

I also have the graphics processor enabled on xp, but since xp can't use the gpu for liquify, i'd be curious to know why that dialog shows up.

Untitled-1.png

Added: with the gpu off in either windows 8 or on xp (gpu on or off) i also get that message using the default Alt+Ctrl+F for last filter with dialog if the last filter happened to be liquify using the default photoshop keyboard shortcuts.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points