Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PPRO CS6.01 - 'strange' frames.

May 31, 2012 11:13 PM

Hi

I just did my first real project with CS6, and I am very pleased in general, though I have a slightly problem once i a while.

I edit Canon XF, 35mbps, 1080 50i. Once i a while (2-3 times pr. hrs.) I get a frame like this:

error.png

I have made my project settings via rightclick on the clip and make it auto. If I save and close Premiere and open it back up, that frame can be ok, but then there might be another one another place. I have checked the org. footage, and it is ok. If I put an effect on the footage arround the place and render it from 'red', it is ok too.

I get a few per hour too when I render, have so far only tried H.264 720 25P preset with maximum render quality.

My system details are: Win7 x64, Intel i7 3820, 16 GB RAM, SSD boot disc, 2 separate 10K 600 GB for media & render, Geforce GTX570 with the latest Nvidia Driver, 296.10.

This is of course no showstopper since it is pretty rare, but if something could be done, I would not mind

Ulf

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to UlfLaursen

The latest nVidia driver is 301.42.  If you're using GPU acceleration at all, try updating that driver and see if it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 6:06 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

This error is prevalent with and without the new driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:03 PM   in reply to Roddy Mc

Is this happenning during pans?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 8:13 PM   in reply to rejdmast1

Ulf, would it be possible for you to supply a small sample file(s) that exhibits this issue? If so, I will PM you a location to upload the file(s). I am currently investigating a similar-looking issue being reported with XDCAMEX files.

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 9:49 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

I sent you the ftp information. Thank you, Ulf.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

Thank you, Ulf! Your files will be added to the issue once I have downloaded them (currently have a few downloads queued)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 3:17 AM   in reply to Trent Happel

Hi Trent,

I have just upgraded to CS6 from 5.5 and having the same issues with footage from Canon XF305 on a Mac Pro, I downloaded the latest upgrade last night, but sill have problems. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to UlfLaursen

That great Ulf, will give that a go.

Thanks again

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Paul_P4

Paul,

As Ulf mentioned, we are aware of this issue and it is still under investigation. Thank you for your feedback.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to Trent Happel

We are having the issue as well. I'm wondering if this is a priority for Adobe at all. This is a terrible bug for anyone using Cannon .mxf or Sony XDcam-EX. I was expecting a patch quickly. It's at the point where I've been recommending to Premiere users not to upgrade to CS6.

I've contacted Tech support and asked to be given a License to Premiere CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 6:01 AM   in reply to wfmc staffer

Has this issue progressed at all?  We're having the same problems too.  We shoot almost exclusively on the sony EX1, and this is causing us massive problems - we just don't have time to be constantly transcoding everything before editing!  I notice that the last reply from someone from Adobe staff was the 13th June... that's quite a long time ago, is it getting fixed soon?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

I am also experiencing the issue with DVD files (VOB). I have seen it several times, when I edit footage from a DVD.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to srukweza

Our very good friends at Adobe tech support acknowledge the problem and have given the bug a number.  Youl'd think they would have a fix by now, wouldn't you? I'm stuck with using CS5.5.2. Possibly Adobe's waiting to see how loyal their users are? 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 10:27 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

Its been a very loooooong time coming, I wonder how many extra sales Adobe will make when its fixed?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points