• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Deleting Flash9.ocx In Unussual Circumstance

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled flash while trying to delete the file flash9.ocx and would like to get this file deleted before reinstalling. Here's what happened. I copied some backed up files from my old xp machine into a new Windows 7 temp folder and windows system32 folder was in it. Now I can't delete flash9.ocx because it is locked. Everything I have tried gives me an access denied error. I tried to reset attributes from read only, tried deleting it, tried deleting with a delete on reboot program, took ownership, changed acu levels, etc. I can rename it and move it, just can't delete it. Any Ideas on how to delete this file that resides in c:\temp\windows\system32\macromed\flash?

I am using Windows home Premium & IE9 Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Unlocker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I had tried unlocker but I must have gotten the 32 bit version as nothing happened. I DL'd and installed twice with no results. After your reply I tried again and it is gone now. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines